UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59856  
Subject: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 10:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If you had to do WITHOUT one of these, which would it be?
cable/satellite TV
internet access
cell phone service
email
instant messaging

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42414 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 10:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
easy.....I never use 'instant' messaging....

t

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42423 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 11:45 AM
88% (8 Votes)
instant messaging

I've never sent an instant message in my life. Don't know how to. I think my cell phone is capable of that but I'm not sure. I have a simple cell phone that I just use to make calls. I think my wife pays an extra $10/month for me to have it. She likes for me to have it so in case her family needs to call me. I do like having a cell phone and it is extremely handy at the Airport when I'm picking them up. I sit in the cell phone waiting area and then they call me when they are ready for me to drive around and pick them up in the arrival area.

Artie

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42424 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 11:46 AM
"easy.....I never use 'instant' messaging." - tele

I don't know how to. I can barely figure it out when someone sends me a text message. I get all flustered as to which buttons to push. It happens so infrequently that I forget between receiving text messages what I did the last time I received one.

Art

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42425 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 11:50 AM
I don't even have 'text' enabled on my phone. Verizon kept sending me junk text messages and every now and then I'd get a spam one and have to pay for it.

I just told Verizon to disable all text messages.

t.

Author: rainphakir Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42427 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 12:39 PM
yall don't use the Text Message option? ?

LUDDITES!
I find text messaging to be EXTREMELY useful - for short messages.

For me, the easy 'give up' is tv... of any kind: free/on air; cable/satellite...

:-)
Get to texting and get a life!
ralph :-)

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42428 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 12:57 PM
Texting is one of those things that I never thought I would use, but find myself using it more and more.

Author: kogrady Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42429 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 12:59 PM
Is text messaging the same as instant messaging? If so, I answered the survey wrong.

Author: Volucris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42430 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 1:03 PM
I need to be able to vote for more than one -
No cable TV
No IM
No Land line - not a choice

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42432 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 1:15 PM
Recommendations: 1
I've never sent an instant message in my life. Don't know how to. I think my cell phone is capable of that but I'm not sure. I have a simple cell phone that I just use to make calls. I think my wife pays an extra $10/month for me to have it. She likes for me to have it so in case her family needs to call me. I do like having a cell phone and it is extremely handy at the Airport when I'm picking them up. I sit in the cell phone waiting area and then they call me when they are ready for me to drive around and pick them up in the arrival area.

Artie
-------------------
You are confused about instant messaging. You have done this through Facebook. You can also instant message in gmail, which Erin and I do some. (And Microsoft has Instant Messenger I think). But because you shut down all those programs while you are on the computer (unless you are actually using the program, it is harder to reach you to instant message.) Admittedly, you do not instant message much.

The cell phone thingy is called texting.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42434 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 1:45 PM
"You are confused about instant messaging. You have done this through Facebook. You can also instant message in gmail, which Erin and I do some. (And Microsoft has Instant Messenger I think). But because you shut down all those programs while you are on the computer (unless you are actually using the program, it is harder to reach you to instant message.) Admittedly, you do not instant message much.

The cell phone thingy is called texting." - lindytoes

-----------------

Oh yeah, that's the one I don't use! All this technology stuff throws me for a loop. I never got an I-pod either which I think is the thingy kids use to store music? My wife has several of them. She had to load all these CD's on the computer and then download them onto her I-pod. What a pain in the butt!

So I don't do I-Pod or I-pad either! I pretty much stopped at computers and plain old cell phones. I used to have a cell phone that took pictures but I never used it except accidentally when it would take a picture when I accidentally pushed the wrong button. The phone I got now I bought at Best Buy for $9.95.

Since Best Buy is going out of business I'm glad I all ready bought a spare phone so when this one breaks I can just take the sim card out of the back and slip into the new phone. Pretty dad gum amazing. Like doing a brain transplant!

Artie

Author: kogrady Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42436 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 2:04 PM
The i-Pod is my very favorite techy invention. I still can't believe you can get all that music into that tiny thing. Just love it.

And I don't think Best Buy is going out of business (yet). Just closing some stores.

Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42437 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 2:52 PM
Is text messaging the same as instant messaging?

Pretty much. Except that text messaging is a cash cow for wireless providers. Instant messaging on phones, such as Google talk, is free.

Chili
uses both

Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42439 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 3:31 PM
Recommendations: 1
have never instant messaged

dumped landline when I got a cellphone

dumped cable TV when I realized I could get all 4 TV networks in High Definition with a rabbit-ear antenna.

intercst

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42440 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 3:35 PM
Recommendations: 4
dumped cable TV when I realized I could get all 4 TV networks in High Definition with a rabbit-ear antenna.

I get cable TV because I don't want to watch the 4 TV networks.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42443 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 4:04 PM
Recommendations: 2
I don't have cable/satellite TV. Don't use instant messaging. And I have a cell phone plan with 0 minutes that I carry only for emergencies. I don't give anyone the number, so it never gets used.

I would have to change my life a lot to do without internet access and email. I suppose if I did not have them I would go back to spending a lot more time on the phone and in the library.

Author: workwayless Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42451 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 4/30/2012 9:21 PM
I hate IM; so could easily do without.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42496 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 5/2/2012 11:14 AM
The cell phone thingy is called texting.

My age shows, calling it instant messaging ;-) I rarely text (and like Art, get a wee bit flustered when I receive one--as often some stupid advertising or spam thing as not), but it has been handy with my daughter if I have an urgent issue about the baby. She often can't answer her phone at school and often not looking at email either. nShe always looks at a text immediately in case it's urgent.

I think my husband and I might make use of texting while RVing--sometimes one of us takes a walk or hike without the other.

Author: vickifool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43249 of 59856
Subject: Re: Poll: If you had to do without Date: 6/2/2012 11:27 PM
I had someone I was expecting to come stay at my house text my landline to tell me he wasn't coming.

Of course, I never got that text.

I could live without TV, but we have a rabbit-ear antenna.
I don't instant message, unless the connection on Skype is bad. First we try turning off the video, then the audio--that leave instant messaging. Other than that, I don't use it.

Vickifool

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement