UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LivingOnInterest One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 976  
Subject: Poll: indepent living in a wheelchair Date: 8/3/2010 10:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
As I have been considering moving closer to DS I have been hunting accessible housing in retirement/continuous care communities. Currently use wheelchair and live independently on acreage, but none of the single-family or duplexes I've looked at are even fairly accessible. I began to wonder if I am the "Lone Ranger" living alone and independently? Surely not! So here is my question...

How many individuals with disabilities do you know that use a wheelchair/scooter and still live independently (including yourself)?
none
none that do not have someone on a visiting basis
more than 1 less than 5
5 or more

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: joycets Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 968 of 976
Subject: Re: Poll: indepent living in a wheelchair Date: 8/28/2010 6:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I think you should put this posting on a frequently traveled site, like credit cards or LBYM to get a much larger sample of votes.
Then you will have real data!

joycets

Author: LivingOnInterest One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 969 of 976
Subject: Re: Poll: indepent living in a wheelchair Date: 8/30/2010 10:50 PM
Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the hint, I'll try that...
LOI

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement