UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: hbo200285 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 72183  
Subject: Poll: Integrating ESG analysis Date: 12/5/2012 12:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
is Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) analysis or ESG ratings worth using as private investors???

Theres alot of evidence to suggest we can use them to identify companies with superior business models and get an insight into their management culture and risk profile. This can offer long term performance advanages.
Yes definately. every investor should be doing it
Yes but it's hard to come by. Show me somehwere to sign up
I dont know enough about it.
No. I only care about getting a good return
Invest in an ethical fund. it's done for you.

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65521 of 72183
Subject: Re: Poll: Integrating ESG analysis Date: 12/5/2012 1:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
New poster, with 6 posts at the Fool, all with the same poll.

I don't suppose this could be leading to "somewhere to sign up" now could it?

B

Author: hbo200285 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65522 of 72183
Subject: Re: Poll: Integrating ESG analysis Date: 12/5/2012 2:50 PM
Recommendations: 0
Would that be such a bad thing?

I'm studing environmental business strategy and I'm researching why it only seems to be institutional investors using ESG ratings.

I don't get why there's nothing for private investors and those using execution only brokers.

Seems to be a gap in the market given the rising use of sustainable investment strategies. If demand is there then it seems worth exploring.

What's your thoughts?

Cheers

H

Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65523 of 72183
Subject: Re: Poll: Integrating ESG analysis Date: 12/5/2012 4:50 PM
Recommendations: 4
Seems to be a gap in the market given the rising use of sustainable investment strategies. If demand is there then it seems worth exploring.

What's your thoughts?

I'm all for investors investing in a socially responsible manner. That being said, the idea that I would turn the decision of what is "socially responsible" over to someone besides myself is as laughable as me attending a church/temple/mosque so some priest/minister/rabbi/mullah could tell me what to believe in is.

As for the people offering their services, while I am sure some are well intended, much like the religious crowd, many are in it for their own self interests i.e. think shysters.

Sorry you asked? :<)

B

Author: hbo200285 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65524 of 72183
Subject: Re: Poll: Integrating ESG analysis Date: 12/6/2012 4:45 AM
I can't help but wonder what your on about?

I'm talking about using the investment research currently used by a very large portion of fund managers stock brokers and pension funds to assess and engage with the policy makers of companies they invest in.

The framework lies in origins such as the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)and I have yet to see a religious leaders involvment in the engagement process.

Try to keep your input to a minimum unless you're willing to read up on the subject before making flippant comments that really have no bearing.

Cheers

H

Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65525 of 72183
Subject: Re: Poll: Integrating ESG analysis Date: 12/6/2012 12:24 PM
I can't help but wonder what your on about?

Well isn’t that a kawinkidink; that was my exact thought when on your first day of the Fool you decided your first six posts should be the same poll scattered across various boards on Fooldom.

So perhaps you would care to share “what your on about”. Are you here to advocate ? Seek others advice? Lecture? Enlighten us?

I'm talking about using the investment research currently used by a very large portion of fund managers stock brokers and pension funds to assess and engage with the policy makers of companies they invest in.

To what end? Increase investment returns? Become a kinder gentler investor? Save the planet?

All of the above sounds good to me, but what doesn’t sound so good is that I would accept the premise that others are better prepared to help me achieve my definition of those goals.

The framework lies in origins such as the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)and I have yet to see a religious leaders involvment in the engagement process.

LOL I can’t think of three groups of people that I have lower regard for when it comes to having my back. financial advisors, religious leaders and political politicians/bureaucrats, they are all “birds of a feather” if you ask me.

Try to keep your input to a minimum unless you're willing to read up on the subject before making flippant comments that really have no bearing.

Make that four groups, you can add posters that are new to a message board that immediately see there role as the board police.

B

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement