Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44390  
Subject: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/19/2000 9:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am a total neat freak
Things are clean enough, but could be better
I am a complete slob - looks like 6 college guys live here
I have a cleaning service
I am lucky enough to live with the cleaning fairy

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9451 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/19/2000 10:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
..... so why does the place look like 3 college aged guys live here? -- CindyC72

OK, now.. Cindy, dear, what exactly are you trying to say? Hmmmmm?

B*Mann

whose "rug" in his college apartment was wet underneath and smelled like beer after we all left after three years

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9452 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/19/2000 11:37 PM
OK, now.. Cindy, dear, what exactly are you trying to say? Hmmmmm?

B*Mann
whose "rug" in his college apartment was wet underneath and smelled like beer after we all left after three years

OK, it isn't quite THAT bad!!! Maybe only 2 college guys...

Cindy

Author: Durnib Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9453 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/19/2000 11:54 PM
OK, all, I am having a bit of frustration with myself this evening... How can one single person make such a mess??!?? Dear god, its only me, and I am not here half the time, so why does the place look like 3 college aged guys live here?

Don't feel bad. I spent the day cleaning myself. And it was a great beach day today too.

But the good news is that I am that much closer to throwing away those magazines from 1996 that I haven't even taken out of the plastic they came in.

-b

Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9454 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/20/2000 2:46 AM
How can one single person make such a mess??!??

If it has come in the door during the last 10 years, it is still here somewhere.

eeegad!

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9455 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/20/2000 9:02 AM
But the good news is that I am that much closer to throwing away those magazines from 1996 that I haven't even taken out of the plastic they came in.

-b

If it has come in the door during the last 10 years, it is still here somewhere.

eeegad!

OK, I feel a little better now - I can honestly say I don't think I still have any magazines from 1996, and I have only been in this house for 6 years, so that is a little less to accumulate! :)

Kitchen and dining room look like war zones, which of course, are the first two rooms you hit upon entering the house... Going to see how much I can get done in the next hour before I have to get ready to go - where is that flamethrower????

Cindy

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9456 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/20/2000 10:38 AM
OK, pity party is done for today - kitchen is clean, dining room is a far sight better than when I woke up, and I still have a half hour to get ready to go.

And listen carefully, can you hear this?

If you don't put it off and just do it, it's never as bad as you think

Now, how on earth does my mother do that from the other side of town?????

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

Cindy

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9457 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/20/2000 11:31 AM
Oh, gosh, Cindy... ummmm..

How do I say this?

hmmm..

THAT wasn't your mother.... It was you!
You've become your mother!

AaAACK!

B*Python :-)
Run Away! Run Away!

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9458 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/20/2000 11:35 AM
Recommendations: 1
Cindy, the "hardly ever home" is probably a big part of it, as is the living alone.

I know in my case, I tend to rationalize "well, since I'm hardly ever here, I don't want to spend the little time I am here cleaning. And, since I live alone, I don't really have to worry about if my mess bothers anyone else. Also since I'm a guy....

Fool on!
-Terry

Author: ogrecat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9459 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/20/2000 12:46 PM
2 Things are clean enough, but could be better

3 I am a complete slob - looks like 6 college guys live here

Actually, somewhere between 2 & 3, with a little bit of 4.

I need a wife.

Author: ogrecat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9460 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/20/2000 12:50 PM
I have to get ready to go - where is that flamethrower????

Slash and burn housekeeping.

I've always had a fantasy of designing a house that could be hosed out, especially since there is a fire hydrant not 30 ft from my front door.

Author: kamusha Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9461 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/20/2000 5:17 PM
Recommendations: 5
I need a wife.

And what do you expect her to do? LOL

Chris

Author: ogrecat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9462 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/20/2000 6:18 PM
I need a wife.

And what do you expect her to do?

All those things my mother does, and my grandmother did, and my EXs wife does. Cleaning, errands, yard work; when these things are in the background, I can concentrate better on my job and/or education.

I need to get a copy of the essay from MS magazine: I Need a Wife.

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9463 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/20/2000 8:58 PM
THAT wasn't your mother.... It was you!
You've become your mother!

AaAACK!

B*Python :-)
Run Away! Run Away!

NO!!NO!!NO!!NO!!NO!!NO!!NO!!NO!!

Actually, this kinda makes sense, since my mother stopped by earlier this week, and my next door neighbor saw her get out of the car - told me he knew exactly who she was... Seems we look "enough alike" and apparently, we walk the same way. All I could think was, I have become my mother! :)

Cindy

Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9464 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/20/2000 11:07 PM
Slash and burn housekeeping.

I've always thought it would be nice to pull one of those nose twitches from "Bewitched" and everything would be nice and clean.

eeegad!
Whose first priority is NOT housekeeping

Author: AFoolAgain Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9467 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 9:45 AM
I confess... I'm a neatnik but I don't think I've gotten to the point where you could call it a behavioral problem... at least I hope it's not!

I guage how "in control" I'm feeling by how obsessed I get with cleaning... if I'm in a mellow place I can let the pillows sag on tbe couch or leave a few dishes in the sink... at my worst I'm scrubbing the woodwork and the kitchen ceiling... but for the most part normal is just put it where it belongs now instead of having to deal with it later.

Author: bdennis Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9469 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 10:35 AM
I am the only one who lives with the cleaning fairy? I guess I have it better than I thought I did.

Barbara (I mess it up, he cleans it)

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9470 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 10:37 AM
I am the only one who lives with the cleaning fairy? I guess I have it better than I thought I did.

Barbara (I mess it up, he cleans it)

Seems to be that way!! Wow, you are soooooooooo lucky!!!!

Cindy

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9474 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 10:46 AM
Well, let me just say...

In every relationship, one person is going to be more "clean and neat" than the other...

...and speaking (not as the Cleaning Fairy) but definitely as the more neat and more organized partner of my marriage, it is infinitely more difficult for the "clean" person to deal with the situation than it is for the "messy" person...

I am speaking in generalities here, but it is usually easier for the messy person to deal with neatness than it is for the clean person to deal with messiness.. It drives me bonkers some times...it's also very frustrating. But, it's also one of those things that ain't worth fighting (too much, anyway) over.

B*Mann
whose wife uses every flat surface within striking distance as a place to set stuff

Author: AFoolAgain Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9476 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 11:20 AM
Recommendations: 4
It drives me bonkers some times...it's also very frustrating. But, it's also one of those things that ain't worth fighting (too much, anyway) over.

mmmm... true true... yet I really believe how "oblivious" the other is to the problem shows me clearly a certain amount of presumption on their part and an attitude of disrespect for my feelings... I was never able to justify the ex's habit of eating or drinking the last of something and leaving the empty box/carton in the cabinet or frig... there's NO excuse for that!

Author: TMFDocumama Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9477 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 11:40 AM
Geez, must have been some kind of karmic convergence--DocuHubby and I spent Saturday afternoon cleaning (we prefer the term "de-junking") the living room, dining room, and kitchen. And it was a beautiful afternoon. But it had to be done (had, in fact, needed to be done for about the last year) and we can now actually see the top of the dining room table.

Kelly

Author: Ascaris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9481 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 12:03 PM
<yet I really believe how "oblivious" the other is to the problem shows me clearly a certain amount of presumption on their part and an attitude of disrespect for my feelings... >

No it doesn't. Oblivious is oblivious. It stems from the total LACK of thought. No disrespect or presumption involved. Just a vast empty wasteland....

Ascaris

Author: AFoolAgain Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9485 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 12:42 PM
No it doesn't. Oblivious is oblivious. It stems from the total LACK of thought. No disrespect or presumption involved. Just a vast empty wasteland....

Ascaris

... so you're saying I was being too polite? :-)

Author: TMFJedi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9493 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 2:21 PM

I've always thought it would be nice to pull one of those nose twitches from "Bewitched" and everything would be nice and clean.

You have no idea how much I wish I could do that...

Or what all I would do WITH that...

Kaiti

Author: TMFJedi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9494 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 2:22 PM

Can I borrow him?

Author: tori26 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9497 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 2:38 PM
Gotta say,

cleaning service is the way to go.... the regular housework is done by someone else so when I come home from work I can play.....

well worth the money, not as much hassle when mothers stop by, sisters stop by or friends.... no furious tossing of stuff behind the chair when the car drives in the yard....

Linda

Author: LuluB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9511 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 4:43 PM
I am the only one who lives with the cleaning fairy?

Probably. But I date a cleaning fairy too, and he comes over a lot. He even does lawns and cars as well as housework. Thank goodness, because I am not a neatnik. I am not a total slob, but clutter does not bother me in the least.

Author: LuluB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9512 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 4:46 PM
yet I really believe how "oblivious" the other is to the problem shows me clearly a certain amount of presumption on their part and an attitude of disrespect for my feelings...

I cannot speak for your ex, but for me, it just means I just don't notice.

Author: skibum73 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9520 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 7:51 PM
Recommendations: 2
leaving the empty box/carton in the cabinet or frig... there's NO excuse for that!

Sure there is......the trash can is full. ;-)

~Mark

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9526 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 8:49 PM
Sure there is......the trash can is full. ;-) --skibum73

My apologies Fools... I'm not usually the "attaboy" and "I totally agree" or "You rock" poster-type.. but that got a good ol' belly laugh!

You rock Mark!

B*Chortle
course if you did it at MY house I'd have to skin ya!

Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9529 of 44390
Subject: Re: Poll: Neatness? Date: 8/21/2000 11:40 PM
You have no idea how much I wish I could do that...

Or what all I would do WITH that...

Worth at least a few hours of day dreaming...ah the possibilities.

eeegad!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement