Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Gordogato Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11153  
Subject: Poll: One Shining Moment Date: 4/3/2012 10:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"One Shining Moment": Love it or Hate it?
Love it! It's tradition!
Hate it! Time for it to end!
No strong feelings either way. Meh.
I always turn the TV off when the game ends. What are we talking about?

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11017 of 11153
Subject: Re: Poll: One Shining Moment Date: 4/3/2012 10:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I don't mind it, but it doesn't really seem to fit Kentucky. Seems more of a song that celebrates the achievement of an underdog.

Author: Gordogato Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11018 of 11153
Subject: Re: Poll: One Shining Moment Date: 4/3/2012 10:28 AM
I love "One Shining Moment". Every year, I stay up until midnight and won't turn off the TV until they play the song. It's like staying up on New Years Eve to watch the ball drop in Times Square for me.

But it has come to my attention, via some feedback comments on my Facebook page, that not all of my basketball-loving friends feel the same way about it.

I read a story this morning that made me wonder if there is perhaps a schism in the college basketball world over the song: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/04/03/is-one-shining-moment...

Come to think of it, there probably should have been a poll option for: "Love it as long as they promise to never re-air the Jennifer Hudson version."

What do you think?

Author: kirbivore One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11024 of 11153
Subject: Re: Poll: One Shining Moment Date: 4/6/2012 6:23 AM
I liked the original song better before Luther.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement