Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mendomann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19483  
Subject: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/4/2008 5:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Do you have a defined pension plan?
Yes
No

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13805 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/4/2008 5:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I get a $450 month pension from a job I held 1971 to 1983.....and was able to start collecting on 2 years ago at age 60....

Pays the utilities.... or pays the health care..which ever way you want to look at it...

My other job after that had a pension (from 1983-1990) but in 1990, they converted it to 'cash value' and stuck it in my 'new' 401K. The tax laws changed in 1990.

So, yes, I 'have' a pension.....but it was earned back in the 70s/early 80s.....

The other one disappeared, and 95% of my retirement income comes from investments.....

And this year, I start on SS.....which is just like a pension but even better than many since it is inflation adjusted!

t.

Author: ChurchyLaFemme Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13806 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/4/2008 7:10 PM
And this year, I start on SS.....which is just like a pension but even better than many since it is inflation adjusted!

t.

You too?

First direct deposit on 10/06.

Churchy

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13808 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/4/2008 9:17 PM
Me too. First payment in July.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13809 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/4/2008 9:20 PM

I'm eligible at the end of 2009. DW is eligible at the end of 2010--just in time to help pay the higher taxes when the Bush tax cuts expire. That way we won't have to cut down on our spending and cause restaurant servers and craftsmen and the other lower-income people we spend money on to suffer.

--fleg

Author: ChurchyLaFemme Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13812 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/4/2008 10:13 PM
Recommendations: 4
Me too. First payment in July.

Congratulations.

We gotta get an Old Farts board with one ironclad rule. Leave your politics at the door or get booted. There are enough PA lite boards at TMF already.

Churchy

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13823 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/5/2008 2:29 PM
"Leave your politics at the door or get booted."

The best treatment for trolls is still to ignore them.

Author: ChurchyLaFemme Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13824 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/5/2008 2:40 PM
"Leave your politics at the door or get booted."

The best treatment for trolls is still to ignore them.

There you go again with the radic-lib penchant for ad hominem attacks on poor, defenseless conservatives. ;^)

Churchy

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13831 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/5/2008 9:33 PM
Churchy, I can tell. You are mortally wounded by the ad hominum attacks.

Hopefully all that blood is not making a mess.

Author: ChurchyLaFemme Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13833 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/5/2008 9:42 PM
Churchy, I can tell. You are mortally wounded by the ad hominum attacks.

Yup. I'm at Death's door as I write this.

Churchy

Author: Follydolly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13836 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/5/2008 11:15 PM
We gotta get an Old Farts board with one ironclad rule.

There is a Geezers Board already.

Birgit

Author: Capcon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13851 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/7/2008 9:41 AM
As I retired cop I realize that I am fortunate. My pension gross is 68% of my final year's salary. By the time you subtract deductions that I no longer have (SS, unemployment, the 8.5% that I paid into the pension, union dues) my retirement net is just about the same as it was when I was working. It will last my lifetime and if I were married, would pay a slightly reduced benefit (50% of my final salary) to my spouse for life.

Cap

Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13890 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/14/2008 3:46 PM
Recommendations: 4
It will last my lifetime and if I were married, would pay a slightly reduced benefit (50% of my final salary) to my spouse for life.

So what are you doing this weekend?

;-)

Author: Capcon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13893 of 19483
Subject: Re: Poll: Pension Poll Date: 8/15/2008 4:26 PM
So what are you doing this weekend?

Hmm, let's see.

What celebrity or public figure do you most resemble?
Julia Roberts. No, Julliette Binoche. No, more like Catherine Zeta-Jones. Or maybe Hilary Swank. Well, you get the idea.

Umm, driving up the turnpike...? ;)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement