Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jtmitch Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19408  
Subject: Poll: Physical Fitness in Retirement Date: 8/22/2000 9:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Exercised regularly before retiring; do about the same amount now.
Execrcised regularly before retiring; exercise more now.
Did not exercise regularly before retiring; do not now either.
Did not exercise regularly before retiring; exercise regularly now.
Retiring turned me into an exercise fanatic.

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: saml72933 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4900 of 19408
Subject: Re: Poll: Physical Fitness in Retirement Date: 8/22/2000 10:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
None of your catagories apply to me. Before retireing, I walked 2 miles briskly every day. At the time I didn't have time for my second love, golf (first being my wife). After retireing,I quit walking and got myself out on the practice tee and re-built my swing. I have played golf every day since. I know some will say golf isn't exercise but to me it is. I walk, twist, turn, stoop and jump up and down and cuss for 4 hours every day and that's enough for an old dude. BTW, I am now Senior Club Champion for year 1999 (scratch division) at my club and expect to continue to be for several years to come. Have a great day. Saml.

Author: buy2win Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4901 of 19408
Subject: Re: Poll: Physical Fitness in Retirement Date: 8/22/2000 11:54 AM
After retireing,I quit walking and got myself out on the practice tee and re-built my swing.

Did you do this on your own ? If so, what instruction book/manual did you use ? If not, how did you find a Golf instructor capable enough to work with you, and how much did it cost ?

Author: saml72933 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4902 of 19408
Subject: Re: Poll: Physical Fitness in Retirement Date: 8/22/2000 12:32 PM
buy2win---- I have never had a lesson from a pro in my life. I have been a student of the game and started playing at age 9. I know more about my own swing than any pro and I know how to fix it when the wheels come off, as they eventually do for everyone. For most of my life, I have been a single digit handicaper, but for the last 10 years prior to retirement had to give up the game due to business obligations, thus the re-building swing thing. Was a good thing though, because I had to go from a younger type swing to an older type. Pros always make things too compilcated, I like doing my own thing. Have a great day. Saml. ( I know this is not for this board, just answering the question).

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement