UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DufusGoneSplat Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961533  
Subject: Poll: Presidential Lies Date: 2/23/2013 3:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
There seems to be a lot of concern over Obama “lies” about sequester. Given these recent threads, one might think Obama invented the “Presidential Lie”. But off the top of my head, I came up with these.

Going backward through administrations, I didn't have room for Nixon “lies” about Watergate, one of my personal favorites.

Who do you think was the worst liar – the one who's lies did the most harm?

I'd like to contribute more, but I have other, more interesting obligations this afternoon. Have a good weekend!
Obama “lies” about sequester idea originating with him
Bush-II “lies” about need to invade Iraq
Clinton “lies” about sex with Monica Lewinsky
Bush-I “lies” about no new taxes
Reagan “lies” about Iran Contra

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861840 of 1961533
Subject: Re: Poll: Presidential Lies Date: 2/23/2013 3:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Who do you think was the worst liar – the one who's lies did the most harm?

With this as your own qualifier, then obviously the worst liar is the one currently in office. Dead ones and those not in office fall way behind. Unless, you are working "someone else was worser so lets ignore the current liar".....

Author: WuLong Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861842 of 1961533
Subject: Re: Poll: Presidential Lies Date: 2/23/2013 3:47 PM
Obama lies about having Constitutional authority he actually lacks.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861849 of 1961533
Subject: Re: Poll: Presidential Lies Date: 2/23/2013 3:59 PM
Yes, dufus is attempting here to justify / lessen the severity of a president lying. Well, Dufus, you have giving up all claim to making hay over anyone lying in the future. Because, as you have admitted, everyone lies, so, in your opinion, no big deal.

Thank you!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement