No. of Recommendations: 10
In light of the recent "changes" to TMF pages, we hereby suggest that one of the following forms of punishment be instituted for the crimes committed by TMF programmers, and Bogey (for trying to tell us that these are improvements).:
Force each programmer to read EVERY post at Political Asylum
Load all the programmers' iPod with ONE song,"Muskrat Love" by Captain and Tenille
Force each programmer to wear a box of raccoons on his head
Force the TMF staff to write a POSITIVE article about AAPL
Force Bogey to show what's in his pants

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 10
All of the above.
No. of Recommendations: 4
How come the subject line does not show that this is a poll anymore?

c
No. of Recommendations: 50
How come the subject line does not show that this is a poll anymore?

Hi cman,

The polls are now set not to show that they are polls anymore. Before they were set to show that they were polls, meaning that the user could gain information from the subject line.

The problem is that the experience on the polls was different than the experience on the rest of the posts and we want to deliver a consistent user experience across the entire site. And, what might have worked okay on poll posts doesn't lend itself well to a consistency of design across the entire site.

We'll be making a lot of changes to Fool.com in the coming year and from a design standpoint we want to maintain a consistent user experience.

Thanks,

Bogey
No. of Recommendations: 8
to maintain a consistent user experience

OCD: to accomodate our advertisers.

IF
No. of Recommendations: 1
OCD: to accomodate our advertisers.
===*===

So?
No. of Recommendations: 3
All of the above.

A, B and D .....

C would not be fair to the Raccoons.

*i* don't want to know what's in Bogey's pants.

-
..... a little creeped out just thinking of the Raccoons in Bogey's pants
All of the above

Sonofthelamb

You beat me to it. The only choice for this poll.

I would have given you several recs, but with all of the great comments in this list, I ran out over an hour ago.

Poorwill
No. of Recommendations: 6
'tain't the progammers' fault.

'tain't Bogey's fault.

There's a new boss in town, like it or not, and he has a marketing degree. Apparently said boss believes if you ignore the sheep long enough they'll stop bleating.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Force Bogey to show what's in his pants

That may be punishing us more than Bogey.

dsbrady
No. of Recommendations: 7
I can't decide if I'm encouraged or horrified that curiosity about my pants, or lack of them, is ruling the day.

:)

Bogey
I'm actually disappointed in the raccoon stats. That's always a favorite of mine.

Duck
Wake up fools, it has been obvious for years that the people who run the Fool boards got tired of reading them long ago.
How about TMF simply listen to the bleeping of the sheep...

duey
.. or the raccoons, ... Duck is THE MAN ..
How about TMF simply listen to the bleeping of the sheep...

I shake my tail at that comment.
No. of Recommendations: 4
In light of the recent "changes" to TMF pages, we hereby suggest that one of the following forms of punishment be instituted for the crimes committed by TMF programmers, and Bogey (for trying to tell us that these are improvements).:

I want to come to the defense of the members of the TMF development staff, such as programmers, QA Analysts, etc.

I have been in IT for almost 10 years now. I've done development, design, QA testing, QA Management, and project management.

And in virtually every place I've worked, I did not have the clout to stop a runaway senior manager or executive from forcing us to implement pi$$-poor functionality that ultimately upset users. My choices were generally to fight stupiditity up to a point, and then if I couldn't convince someone, I needed to either shut up so I didn't get fired, or go find another job.

I am not inclined to demonize the worker bees who implemented the site. They may not have had any choice but to implement the functionality dictated to them as best they could.

d
I have been in IT for almost 10 years now. I've done development, design, QA testing, QA Management, and project management.

And in virtually every place I've worked, I did not have the clout to stop a runaway senior manager or executive from forcing us to implement pi$$-poor functionality that ultimately upset users. My choices were generally to fight stupiditity up to a point, and then if I couldn't convince someone, I needed to either shut up so I didn't get fired, or go find another job.

I am not inclined to demonize the worker bees who implemented the site. They may not have had any choice but to implement the functionality dictated to them as best they could.

some of the 'changes' had me questioning whether there even IS a QA staff (probably is, but were told (as i was more than once) 'we're shipping on July 19. there will be NO bugs on July 18')

otherwise, i think you're exactly right ..... some manager went to a seminar and learned that "Consistency" is the latest buzz .... It works for McDs, why not TMF?

and the worker bees had no choice.

=
• •   •• •    •
No. of Recommendations: 2
I have been in IT for almost 10 years now. I've done development, design, QA testing, QA Management, and project management....

I have been in IT for almost 25 years now. I just like to pile on and have a joke a someone else's expense, even if it IS with someone in the IT world.

Nobody likes change. Change p*sses off people. So someone's got to lighten up.

Duck
...(Spent TOO many years in IT)...
Duck,

That's too Hard!

PA? Muscrat Love? Raccoons? AAPL???? (we know his pants are empty)

I just want to TORTURE THEM! Make then FEEL THE PAIN! I don't want to pay their health insurance.

You went too far.

These are Not Improvements, they are Dues to pay so you can reach Nirvana.

(You do want a thousand virgins, yes?)

jC
Advertisement