UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: workwayless Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1518  
Subject: Poll: R U in a "mixed" relationship? Date: 5/11/2004 8:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Frugal with Spendthrift SO
Retired (or wannabee) with Work forever SO
RWOL with LLNR SO
RWOL with like-minded SO
Not applicable

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Thurst Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 541 of 1518
Subject: Re: Poll: R U in a "mixed" relationshi Date: 5/11/2004 8:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Not applicable.

I got rid of my bucket of holes that could never be filled quite a while back and retired two years ago.

I still make efforts on her behalf but don't feel the "helplessness" anymore.

Author: zsimpson Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 542 of 1518
Subject: Re: Poll: R U in a "mixed" relationshi Date: 5/11/2004 9:33 PM
Recommendations: 0
OTW, are you frugal but your SO spends money like water?

My husband could out spend Imelda Marcos, given half a chance.

Author: cyberisme Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 546 of 1518
Subject: Re: Poll: R U in a "mixed" relationshi Date: 5/12/2004 8:23 AM
I put not applicable.

While I enjoy this board, I have no intention of retiring on "less" and neither does my DH.

We are working towards saving 50% of our gross income, for right now, we are saving 20% and using the rest to live. We just bought our 4th house (the entire cost of the house is less then our annual income) and put 20% down. We fully plan on remodeling (major) within the next 12-18 months (completed). We also plan on furnishing, having children, buying more investment properties, etc. Once we've achieved some of those goals, then we'll work on getting 50% into retirement.

With that said, it's obvious that buying the investment properties is also contributing towards retirement - we fully expect within 10 years (12 tops) that the income stream just from the properties alone will match (ideally exceed) our current income. That is just fine for us.

Anyway, so I put not applicable

C.

Author: chooey98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 547 of 1518
Subject: Re: Poll: R U in a "mixed" relationshi Date: 5/12/2004 9:22 AM
Recommendations: 0
I put "frugal with spendthrift SO".

My husband is frugal iln some ways, but he does waste quite a bit of money. For example, season tickets to the local MLB team. We both love baseball, but I think a 16-game package would have satisfied our thirst for baseball games, or perhaps the local minor league team.

He's retiring in a year and three months with a nice pension, though, at age 58. I'll be after him as soon as I can get comfy with my nest egg, but no later than 9 years from now.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement