UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AlanLee49 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75340  
Subject: Poll: Retirement Investing Date: 12/31/2011 8:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Do you buy dividend paying stocks to buy hold and watch, or do you trade for your retirement portfolio
I buy Dividend/Growth Stocks
I trade for Capital Appreciation
I Buy Mutual Funds
I Will Buy Annuities to cover my Retirement

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69930 of 75340
Subject: Re: Poll: Retirement Investing Date: 12/31/2011 9:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
You realize those choices aren't mutually exclusive ?

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69932 of 75340
Subject: Re: Poll: Retirement Investing Date: 12/31/2011 3:40 PM
Ditto. A diversified portfolio containing some of all the above (except annuities) as long as they perform. Review monthly and weed portfolio of under achievers as better opportunities come to light.

Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69933 of 75340
Subject: Re: Poll: Retirement Investing Date: 12/31/2011 10:03 PM
Recommendations: 2
I do not buy stocks "to watch" -- I watch before I buy -- that has been beneficial in the past. I have dividend paying stocks. As a group dividend paying stocks have less volatility.

Gordon

Author: DonnaPawl Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69934 of 75340
Subject: Re: Poll: Retirement Investing Date: 1/1/2012 11:47 AM
I answered "A" because I am moving to the point where I will want to be able to harvest dividend cash instead of needing to sell the underlying holdings. BUT, I will accept a lower dividend yield if the company represents a strong opportunity for growth and capital appreciation.

Consequently, my holdings include REITS & M-REITS such as LRY, WRE, DRE, STWD, AGNC, CIM
Transportation stocks: CSX, NSC, UNP
Household commodities: KFT, KMB, CLX,
Communication: VZ
Power generation companies: D, ED
Oil Drilling & refining: DO, VLO
Industrials: UTX, LEG
Healthcare: ABT

Common denominator: every stock pays a dividend which is currently being reinvested,but which could be reassigned to a cash account in the future.

DP

Author: PKnudsen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69936 of 75340
Subject: Re: Poll: Retirement Investing Date: 1/1/2012 8:25 PM
I do all the first three, plus I get a private pension.

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69943 of 75340
Subject: Re: Poll: Retirement Investing Date: 1/3/2012 10:30 AM
You forgot "lotto tickets"

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69947 of 75340
Subject: Re: Poll: Retirement Investing Date: 1/4/2012 5:21 PM
Your poll suggests that you are naive. I checked one, but tend to buy/sell any of those mentioned.

It was a mistake to make them mutually exclusive (no pun intended).

Vermonter

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement