Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: commoncents33 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 213747  
Subject: Poll: Shareprice Poll Date: 2/22/2013 5:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Which of the following is closest to your projection of the share price of the B shares a week or two after Buffett's annual letter:
$95 or less
$97.50
$100
$105
$110

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: commoncents33 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 198987 of 213747
Subject: Re: Poll: Shareprice Poll Date: 2/22/2013 5:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
You may wonder why I would trouble Berkshire/Buffett fans with rank speculation.

Well, I have some call options that I'm contemplating unloading. But I'm wondering if I should wait until after the letter is released. I figure the best guess of a group here would be better than simply my guess.

I'm guessing that the letter this year will be fairly optimistic, and hopefully Mr. Market will be a bit more cheery regarding the stock.

Author: joeuu Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 198993 of 213747
Subject: Re: Poll: Shareprice Poll Date: 2/22/2013 11:48 AM
I'm guessing that the letter this year will be fairly optimistic, and hopefully Mr. Market will be a bit more cheery regarding the stock.

...but don't forget that old axiom: "Sell on good news and buy on bad news."

8^)

Joe
Long BRK since 1994.

Author: rationalwalk Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 198994 of 213747
Subject: Re: Poll: Shareprice Poll Date: 2/22/2013 12:29 PM
Recommendations: 1
I don't expect any commentary on the stock price relative to intrinsic value other than perhaps some elaboration on the circumstances surrounding the December 2012 buyback and the increase in the buyback limit from 1.1x to 1.2x. Direct comments on the stock price have been very rare. Notable exceptions include the comment of the Bs not being attractive upon initial issue and the comment a year later about the price to value relationship being "more appropriate".

The letters over the last few years haven't included many surprises and I don't expect we will see any surprising comments this year either. We will probably get some historical anecdotes or stories regarding the circumstances surrounding past acquisitions. Probably one or two subsidiary CEOs will be identified as having created significant shareholder value, etc.

Author: susan400 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 199034 of 213747
Subject: Re: Poll: Shareprice Poll Date: 2/23/2013 3:58 PM
Recommendations: 2
I have no frea king idea and have low respect for anyone bothering with trying to guess.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement