Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RarusAvis Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19224  
Subject: Poll: Wall Street Week Date: 4/5/2002 6:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
YES
NO
No Opinion

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7882 of 19224
Subject: Re: Poll: Wall Street Week Date: 4/8/2002 2:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Obviously, they can do whatever they think is best for their audience but I believe that if they thought there was a segment of the public listeners whose desires were not being met then I think there is room for a new show with a format which would accomplish their goals.
My understanding is that Rukeyser show was getting very good ratings and I suspect that a change in format would result in an initial drop in viewers. What is does in the future remains to be seen. IMHO there is room for an additional show without dumping Rukeyser.

Author: fooldaveonce One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7883 of 19224
Subject: Re: Poll: Wall Street Week Date: 4/9/2002 8:49 AM
There's likely a correlation between Public TV's decision to drop Rukeyser and the support he received on the retiree board -- meaning public broadcasters want a younger audience. There's sense of irony here with the most liberal-leaning media outlet hopping onto the capitalistic tool of targeting the perceived biggest spenders. Just a thought.

Author: LittleGiant Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7884 of 19224
Subject: Re: Poll: Wall Street Week Date: 4/9/2002 11:34 AM
But are these younger vewiers the biggest donors?...Are they likely to remember the local PBS station in their will? A very difficult decision for the folks at PBS.

Little Giant

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement