UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: doubtit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977318  
Subject: Poll: What is Obama's plan for more jobs Date: 10/12/2012 12:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
?
No new plan - Same as last four years
Raise taxes on rich to create jobs
Obamacare - millions of jobs with no increase in costs
Reduce armed forces & related expenses
Other (explain)

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823779 of 1977318
Subject: Re: Poll: What is Obama's plan for more jobs Date: 10/12/2012 12:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Other

Obama's plan may be to allow Romney to win the election, watch closely, and if unemployment improves he can say

"Obama did it"

Bears

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823785 of 1977318
Subject: Re: Poll: What is Obama's plan for more jobs Date: 10/12/2012 12:12 PM
Obama's plan?
Look at his previous 4 years, a second term would be a continuation.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823791 of 1977318
Subject: Re: Poll: What is Obama's plan for more jobs Date: 10/12/2012 12:21 PM
Blame Bush

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823794 of 1977318
Subject: Re: Poll: What is Obama's plan for more jobs Date: 10/12/2012 12:28 PM
Recommendations: 1
Blame Bush

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823801 of 1977318
Subject: Re: Poll: What is Obama's plan for more jobs Date: 10/12/2012 12:33 PM
.....Blame Reagan. - Carol

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823819 of 1977318
Subject: Re: Poll: What is Obama's plan for more jobs Date: 10/12/2012 12:46 PM
Recommendations: 3
Other: all of the above, plus demonize employers and get more people on welfare to create jobs.

Author: doubtit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823892 of 1977318
Subject: Re: Poll: What is Obama's plan for more jobs Date: 10/12/2012 2:56 PM
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE

http://boards.fool.com/poll-what-is-obamas-plan-for-more-job...

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823963 of 1977318
Subject: Re: Poll: What is Obama's plan for more jobs Date: 10/12/2012 4:32 PM
"It's true that Mitt Romney has a jobs plan, and that it includes 59 bullet points. But it's not true that Obama hasn't released anything similarly detailed. He's released the American Jobs Act, which has 41 bullet points on its fact sheet. So Romney has a slight advantage in bullet points. But Obama's plan has actually been written up as a 423-page piece of legislation, making it considerably more specific than anything Romney has put forward."

"Obama also tends to emphasize four parts of his plan: increasing infrastructure investment, hiring more state and local workers, doubling the size of the payroll tax cut and adding a new set of tax cuts for small businesses and companies that hire new employees. Two of those policies imply directly hiring hundreds of thousands of workers. The other two move money into the economy immediately. It’s easier to see how these policies lead to more jobs and demand in the short term."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/07/06...

Author: doubtit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824017 of 1977318
Subject: Re: Poll: What is Obama's plan for more jobs Date: 10/12/2012 5:43 PM
"Obama also tends to emphasize four parts of his plan: increasing infrastructure investment, hiring more state and local workers, doubling the size of the payroll tax cut and adding a new set of tax cuts for small businesses and companies that hire new employees. Two of those policies imply directly hiring hundreds of thousands of workers. The other two move money into the economy immediately. It’s easier to see how these policies lead to more jobs and demand in the short term."

1 - Doubling the payroll tax cut from 2% to 4% is a cut in Social Security taxes paid by employees - Social Security is going broke -

2 - The cost of Obamacare for small businesses will excedd any tax benefit

Thanks

PS
What happened to the millions of shovel ready Obama jobs?

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1824129 of 1977318
Subject: Re: Poll: What is Obama's plan for more jobs Date: 10/13/2012 12:44 AM
What happened to the millions of shovel ready Obama jobs?

--------------

someone quipped a while back that his dog had created more shovel-ready jobs in four years than Obama had even thought of...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement