UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 457450  
Subject: Poll: What will market do after election? Date: 10/10/2012 12:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What will the market (S&P 500) do in the three month period after the US election on November 6?

(Note: assume it doesn't matter who wins.)
Rise 10% or more after the election
Rise 5-9% after the election
Little change
Fall 5-9% after the election
Fall 10% or more after the election

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405686 of 457450
Subject: Re: Poll: What will market do after election? Date: 10/10/2012 12:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!

Also assume it doesn't matter if the sun rises.
&
Assume it doesn't matter if gravity sucks.

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405692 of 457450
Subject: Re: Poll: What will market do after election? Date: 10/10/2012 1:22 PM
PR,

I am unable to respond to your poll as you did not supply the complete nonsense option that I require? }};-()

OT - Did shopping the duty free at the embassy and lunch on "the Hill" yesterday with diplomat lady then headed off to do the capital building tour. This morning we did "Old Alexandria" (it is less than 5 miles from current abode). Hoping to get in a Smithsonian natural history musuem visit tomorrow if grandma's knee holds up. Lots of fun with the 2 & 4 year olds who have invited us to spend Christmas with them as well (they love company).

The capitol building tour was interesting thought the guide spent the whole time showing off her sense of humour. Old Alexandria doesn't even come close to the Halifax waterfront for authenticity but was worth the two plus hours.

Tim

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405696 of 457450
Subject: Re: Poll: What will market do after election? Date: 10/10/2012 1:35 PM
tim you did not supply the complete nonsense option that I require

Oh, I think any choice that you make would fit that criteria...

GDRVVF.

Peter

Author: mmrmnhrm Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405706 of 457450
Subject: Re: Poll: What will market do after election? Date: 10/10/2012 3:56 PM
I am unable to respond to your poll as you did not supply the complete nonsense option that I require? }};-()

Yeah, I mean c'mon, there's an entire market here in my pants!

Author: RaptorD2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405759 of 457450
Subject: Re: Poll: What will market do after election? Date: 10/11/2012 12:54 AM
Recommendations: 1

Note: Assume that this qualification makes the original question utterly moot.

Dan

Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405764 of 457450
Subject: Re: Poll: What will market do after election? Date: 10/11/2012 2:23 AM
Note: Assume that this qualification makes the original question utterly moot.

Dan

If you can figure out how to phrase a poll based on the result of the election which will pass the board censors, I would appreciate your posting such.

Peter

Author: mmrmnhrm Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405814 of 457450
Subject: Re: Poll: What will market do after election? Date: 10/11/2012 3:40 PM
Recommendations: 2
If you can figure out how to phrase a poll based on the result of the election which will pass the board censors, I would appreciate your posting such.

Rather, I think it doesn't matter who wins the presidency... the market will do what the market will do, and it will probably do that based on congressional results. The winner may amplify/dampen the move somewhat, but people put far too much importance on who occupies the White House, when the reality is that while it makes for a great bully pulpit, a single person will usually fail to impose their will on 535 other people who, half the time, can't even agree on when to take vacation (and that's even before the rhetoric versus reality freight train runs them over).

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405816 of 457450
Subject: Re: Poll: What will market do after election? Date: 10/11/2012 4:18 PM
I don't see the option I would pick: Swing wildly in both directions - volatility will rule the day as we await the lame duck congress and their decision on the fiscal cliff.

I might be looking to buy a few S&P straddles.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement