Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (49) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: WhitemiataXP Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58667  
Subject: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/14/2003 8:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
First thing in the morning
Afternoon, after work
Evening before going to sleep
No difference I weigh the same all day long
It varies significantly, I see no pattern

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2195501y Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39802 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/14/2003 10:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I lose about 1-1.5 pounds of sweat at the gym, so I always weigh myslef AFTER the workout.

2195501y

Author: WhitemiataXP Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39806 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 8:22 AM
I lose about 1-1.5 pounds of sweat at the gym, so I always weigh myslef AFTER the workout.

2195501y

I've thought of doing that... however at the end of my workout I drink a barrel of water (or what feels like a barrel anyway) ... so if I weighed myself before drinking the water, I'd be sorta cheating because I would be weighing myself in a situation of serious desire for water... and if I weighed myself after the water, then forget it... I bet I drink some 3lbs of water :-)

Alessandro

P.S. This morning the gym scale reported 204!!!!!!!!!! If the trend remains that I weigh same or less in the afternoon, I'm going to be a hugely happy camper this evening :-)

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39818 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 1:36 PM
I can weigh myself, pee, and reweigh HIGHER.

I can also weigh, drink and eat, and reweigh lower. Or weigh, shower (thus picking up extra weight as water in my hair) and weigh LOWER!

Author: snie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39819 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 1:48 PM
Recommendations: 2

I can also weigh, drink and eat, and reweigh lower. Or weigh, shower (thus picking up extra weight as water in my hair) and weigh LOWER!

You need a better scale! What happens if you climb on and off the scale 10 times in a row?

I usually weigh about 5 times in the morning (stepping on and off the scale each time), and pick the most common number. For example, on Sunday, the scale said 154 ... 155 ... 154 ... 154 ... 154, so I log my weight as 154. My scale is sensitive to the placement of my feet.

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39820 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 1:54 PM
You need a better scale! What happens if you climb on and off the scale 10 times in a row?

I get about a 1/2 pound variation, depending on how I stand

Author: millerpim Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39822 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 2:50 PM
I see it as a matter of gravity. When you're sleeping, there are X pounds of pressure being uniformly applied all over your body -- unless you sleep in a tight little ball -- and I figure that pressure compresses your weight, which is similar to taking a piece of dough and rolling it into a long pencil shape. The more you roll, the longer it gets and the lighter it feels in your hands, as compared to a big ball of dough.

So when you weigh yourself first thing in the morning, you should weigh less because you don't have all of the day's pressures and gravitational forces pushing on the top of your head, making you weigh more.

OK, maybe this only makes sense to me.

elizabeth

Author: snie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39823 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 2:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
So when you weigh yourself first thing in the morning, you should weigh less because you don't have all of the day's pressures and gravitational forces pushing on the top of your head, making you weigh more.

AH HA! THAT'S IT!!!

I don't have to lose weight, I have to escape the effects of gravity!

Author: Thurst Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39824 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 3:05 PM
I weigh the least after buying a party tank of helium at Sam's Club. We sit around taking deep breaths, taking like cartoon characters, and get very "light headed"...

I hardly register on the scales!

j/k

Author: WhitemiataXP Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39825 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 3:07 PM
I see it as a matter of gravity. When you're sleeping, there are X pounds of pressure being uniformly applied all over your body -- unless you sleep in a tight little ball -- and I figure that pressure compresses your weight, which is similar to taking a piece of dough and rolling it into a long pencil shape. The more you roll, the longer it gets and the lighter it feels in your hands, as compared to a big ball of dough.

OK, maybe this only makes sense to me.

elizabeth

I agree... that only makes sense to you... it violates more physical principles than I care to mention.... ;-P

....but it's very amusing, I like it!!!!

And I sure as heck don't have an explanation, so until someone gives me a better one, I'll go with your silly-putty one :-)

Alessandro

Who needs physics when you can have humor for half price? :-)

P.S. Hey! Wait a minute.... ... my weight goes DOWN during the day... that's the opposite of the silly putty theory. Hum... maybe I'm an airhead... during the day the air builds up... and it's actually a air/helium mixture... so it lightens me up.

P.P.S. Hum... but then I should have one of those Mike-Tyson-type voices no?

P.P.P.S. pssst... hey people... last I heard, elizabeth is a skinny hot chick ... we have a spy in the house :-P

Author: millerpim Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39826 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 3:15 PM
P.P.P.S. pssst... hey people... last I heard, elizabeth is a skinny hot chick ... we have a spy in the house :-P

That is SO not true. I could stand to lose 20 pounds, contrary to what some people believe.

Besides, I just had my cholesterol check done for the third time this year, and I have gone UP, UP, UP to 305. So I'm now on Lipitor. If I lose weight, I imagine my cholesterol will dramatically decrease, and maybe I can stop taking the Lipitor.

I've changed my diet from a strictly high protein low carb to one of more low calorie, low carb and low fat, the good fats.

We'll see how it goes. I dropped a pound this morning and haven't found it yet. But I was sleeping on my back, so that's why.

elizabeth

Author: WhitemiataXP Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39828 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 3:46 PM
That is SO not true. I could stand to lose 20 pounds, contrary to what some people believe.

:-)

Ok... I confess... the first post I remember reading of yours was of a time I think you locked yourself out of hte house... and all the things you went through to get back in. For whatever reason I immagined you as Linda Evans in Wonder Woman... so I just kept that image associated with you :-)

Alessandro

P.S. ok... so you're not a skinny hot chick ... I was half wrong :-P

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39829 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 4:10 PM
For whatever reason I immagined you as Linda Evans in Wonder Woman

That would be Lynda CARTER.

Ishtar

Author: millerpim Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39830 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 4:19 PM
For whatever reason I immagined you as Linda Evans in Wonder Woman

Ha, ha, ha, probably the same reason I imagine you as a tall, dark and handsome Italian. I swear, every single guy I saw in Italy was HOT. Even the Mel Gibson look-a-like on the train with the blue eyes. There wasn't an ugly Italian dude in the whole country. DH grew tired of me oohing and ahhing everywhere we went. "Oh, wow, look at that dude! He's gorgeous . . . " I was hanging out of train windows drooling . . .

elizabeth

Author: WhitemiataXP Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39845 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/15/2003 10:05 PM
Ha, ha, ha, probably the same reason I imagine you as a tall, dark and handsome Italian.

Two out of three ain't bad :-)

Alessandro

Only 5'10" :-P

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39852 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/16/2003 3:24 AM

If you get on and off right away does it always show the same weight or does it vary?

Utahtea

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39853 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/16/2003 3:25 AM
I get about a 1/2 pound variation, depending on how I stand

Never mind...that answered my question. You got a cheap scale.

Utahtea

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39854 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/16/2003 10:44 AM
Never mind...that answered my question. You got a cheap scale.

Utahtea

Well, MINE was free, and it varies from 3-5 pounds.

The one that I use as my "official" scale is a digital scale that my friends have found to be quite accurate to the one that they use at Weight Watchers (doctor's office type).

Theirs won't give a measurement AT ALL if you don't balance your weight evenly on each of the pads, but I have found that if you step forward off the "foot marks" it reads as 1/2 pound lighter, and if you lean a little on your heels, it reads 1/2 pound heavier. Close enough for my purposes.

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39855 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/16/2003 10:46 AM
If you get on and off right away does it always show the same weight or does it vary?

Never more than 1/2 pound, and that's usually because I put my feet in the wrong place.

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39925 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 1:16 AM
Well, MINE was free, and it varies from 3-5 pounds.

The one that I use as my "official" scale is a digital scale that my friends have found to be quite accurate to the one that they use at Weight Watchers (doctor's office type).

Theirs won't give a measurement AT ALL if you don't balance your weight evenly on each of the pads, but I have found that if you step forward off the "foot marks" it reads as 1/2 pound lighter, and if you lean a little on your heels, it reads 1/2 pound heavier. Close enough for my purposes.

Which of the two does this?

"I can also weigh, drink and eat, and reweigh lower. Or weigh, shower (thus picking up extra weight as water in my hair) and weigh LOWER!"

Utahtea

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39932 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 10:35 AM
Which of the two does this?

"I can also weigh, drink and eat, and reweigh lower. Or weigh, shower (thus picking up extra weight as water in my hair) and weigh LOWER!"

both of them, plus the scale at the gym I used to go to.

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39934 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 11:00 AM
I'm sorry but it's impossible to weigh, drink and eat, and reweigh lower if it's a good properly working scale unless you've done something else like go to the bathroom or excercise heavely.

You've already said your scale can vary from 3 - 5 pounds, the other can vary 1/2 pound and no telling what kind of condition the gym scale was in.

Utahtea

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39936 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 11:19 AM
I'm sorry but it's impossible to weigh, drink and eat, and reweigh lower if it's a good properly working scale unless you've done something else like go to the bathroom or excercise heavely.

I'm not sure what you mean by "good, properly working scale".

I get on, it registers a weight. If I stand on it differently, it's not gonna register the same, and thus, it would give a different reading. If I have all my weight evenly balanced over the scale, it will give a better reading than if I am tired and shifting back and forth while I try to keep my balance with my feet close together (touching), which is not how I normally stand. I usually stand with my feet about 6-8" apart.

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39937 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 12:14 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "good, properly working scale".

I get on, it registers a weight. If I stand on it differently, it's not gonna register the same, and thus, it would give a different reading. If I have all my weight evenly balanced over the scale, it will give a better reading than if I am tired and shifting back and forth while I try to keep my balance with my feet close together (touching), which is not how I normally stand. I usually stand with my feet about 6-8" apart

What you describe are cheap scales. If you can get different readings by moving around or by just getting on and off, then I don't see why you would be surprised to have a lower reading after eating and drinking.

A good properly working scale you can stand anywhere on it and it gives you the same reading each and every time. I have an old brass beam doctor scale that gives the same reading down to 1/4 pound. My DH works for the Department of Weights and Measures. He checks our scale every year. One of the tests is to put the weights in each corner. Of course I don't expect everyone to have such a good scale. We have a cheap one we keep in the motorhome. It varies between a pound or two (or three) if we get on and off it within a minute, but like yours, it's good enough for keeping an eye on our weight while we travel.

Utahtea

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39938 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 12:36 PM
If you can get different readings by moving around

Moving around changes the force exerted.

Next time you go to the doctor, get on his scale and get your weight. Then bounce. See if the bar doesn't move.

Author: snie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39940 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 12:46 PM
Recommendations: 4

Uh....no, it doesn't, if you're talking about standing on the left side vs right side/ feet apart vs feet together. Newton's second law: F=ma, a=9.8m/s^2 (gravity), m=mass in kg, F is the measure of weight. This is as basic as physics gets.

Next time you go to the doctor, get on his scale and get your weight. Then bounce. See if the bar doesn't move.

If you are bouncing, then the force on the scale. If you are jumping on the scale, your acelleration is more than 9.8m/s^2, thus a higher force (weight) will be registered.

Snie

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39943 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 1:06 PM
Uh....no, it doesn't, if you're talking about standing on the left side vs right side/ feet apart vs feet together. Newton's second law: F=ma, a=9.8m/s^2 (gravity), m=mass in kg, F is the measure of weight. This is as basic as physics gets.

I'm not talking about left side vs. right side.

I'm talking about shifting left, tilting forward, digging in my heels, tipping right.

I'm talking about bad balance.

Author: krissylou Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39944 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 1:22 PM

I'm not talking about left side vs. right side.

I'm talking about shifting left, tilting forward, digging in my heels, tipping right.

I'm talking about bad balance.

That's another way of saying the same thing.

A high quality scale isn't affected by that sort of thing.

A cheap one, like mine, is.

Which is OK by me because I don't get worked up about that level of precision. The geekier among us (a term I use with affection and respect and a bit of gentle teasing), who calculate everything much more carefully than I do, would probably be driven nuts by mine.

Dunno where you fall in that continuum.

KrissyLou

Author: NaggingFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39945 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 1:24 PM
A good properly working scale you can stand anywhere on it and it gives you the same reading each and every time.

How does one find a good scale?

I'm not willing to spend hundreds of dollars on it, but it seems like when I've spend $10-$50 I've gotten the same lousy results so I've just resigned myself to buying cheap.

- Megan

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39946 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 1:25 PM
Which is OK by me because I don't get worked up about that level of precision. The geekier among us (a term I use with affection and respect and a bit of gentle teasing), who calculate everything much more carefully than I do, would probably be driven nuts by mine.

Dunno where you fall in that continuum.

KrissyLouL

Well, if you want to get picky....how do we know what a pound is?

Author: krissylou Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39949 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 1:35 PM
I do think there's an official "kilogram" somewhere in France.

There's probably some equivalent "pound" (Greenwich, England sounds like a good place for it but that's just a guess) but I don't know that for sure.

KrissyLou

Author: KateOnHerOwn Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39951 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 1:38 PM
Recommendations: 5
Well, if you want to get picky....how do we know what a pound is?

According to the National Bureau of Standards
http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache:keEROlbS-Z4J:gssp.wva.net/html.common/refine.pdf+scientific+standards+pound&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

A pound is 0.4535924277 kilograms,
A kilogram is 1000 grams, and
A gram is one mole of pure H20 at standard temperature and pressure.
Noting that by definition, the weight of a gram of water at standard Earth gravity is a gram.

The practical application of this is that on low atmospheric pressure days you weigh less, and on high atmospheric pressure days, you weigh more. It may also be interesting to note that gravity does vary across the surface of the Earth.

- Kate

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39952 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 1:39 PM
The practical application of this is that on low atmospheric pressure days you weigh less, and on high atmospheric pressure days, you weigh more. It may also be interesting to note that gravity does vary across the surface of the Earth.

That's my new excuse, then.

frissy
It's not that I'm not losing weight, it's just a high pressure day!

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39953 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 1:41 PM
A pound is 0.4535924277 kilograms,
A kilogram is 1000 grams, and

I just want to point out that the metric system is very "scientific" but what throws me is the whole pounds thing.

Someone, somewhere, must have just picked up a rock and said, let's base our entire system of weights around this.

Author: snie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39954 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 1:43 PM

Actually, a mole of pure H20 weighs 18grams (molecular weight of oxygen + 2xmolecular weight of hydrogen).

I think you meant a mL, or a cubic centimeter of pure water at standard temperature and pressure.

Incidentally this is how volume, length and mass are related in the metric system.

Snie
- feeling Ubergeeky this morning -- don't mind me

Author: KateOnHerOwn Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39959 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 1:59 PM
I think you meant a mL, or a cubic centimeter of pure water at standard temperature and pressure.

Incidentally this is how volume, length and mass are related in the metric system.

Snie
- feeling Ubergeeky this morning -- don't mind me

You're right. I was just enjoying being ubergeeky as well.

- Kate
And now we return to our regularly scheduled program of normal geekiness....

Author: krissylou Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39960 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 2:40 PM
Gack!

I confused Mass and Weight.

Talking about The Standard Kilogram -- that's Mass. We here are talking about weight.

The horror.

And my roommate is a physics teacher, too.

How can I ever look at her again?

KrissyLou

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39967 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 4:11 PM

Frissy,

Yes, if you jump on my scale it will change but once you stand still again it goes back to the SAME weight. You are not a baby....you can hold still long enough to get a good reading.

Utahtea

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39968 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 4:21 PM
How does one find a good scale?

Marry a Weights & Measures Inspector...LOL!

DH found our old refurbished brass beam doctor's scale at a scale company 30 years ago. We only paid $125.00 back then which was a lot 30 years ago but we really got our monies worth out of it. It has been accurate all this time and still looks great!

I really don't know how to find a good scale.

Utahtea

Author: WonderPup Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39977 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/17/2003 7:12 PM
Someone, somewhere, must have just picked up a rock and said, let's base our entire system of weights around this.

You must really love the UK system, then.

--WP, 18.9 stone

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39986 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/18/2003 10:28 AM
You are not a baby....you can hold still long enough to get a good reading.

No, I'm not a baby. I'm a fat woman with bad balance. Standing with my feet together, facing straight forward, is most likely to make me fall.

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39997 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/18/2003 11:58 AM
No, I'm not a baby. I'm a fat woman with bad balance. Standing with my feet together, facing straight forward, is most likely to make me fall.

If you can't stand still on a cheap scale then don't be surprised if you get a lower weight reading after you've eatten and drank something. That's all I'm trying to get across. You came here saying you weighed less after eatting and drinking. I say it's impossible. You've given me enought information to explained why it happens.

Utahtea

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 40000 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/18/2003 12:19 PM
I didn't say that I actually weighed less--just that I got a lower reading

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 40001 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/18/2003 12:40 PM
I didn't say that I actually weighed less--just that I got a lower reading

No...you and I quote:

Besides....what would be the difference in weighing less and getting a lower reading.

Ütah~tea

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 40002 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/18/2003 12:46 PM
Recommendations: 3
Besides....what would be the difference in weighing less and getting a lower reading.

you are so much braver than I utahtea...this is where I would just run screaming from the room rather than continue the contradiction.

peace & argument
t

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 40003 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/18/2003 1:01 PM
you are so much braver than I utahtea...this is where I would just run screaming from the room rather than continue the contradiction.

And miss out on teasing frissy....no way! Besides, all my needling would have gone to waste:)

<not as innocent as I look!>

Ütah~tea

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 40004 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/18/2003 1:03 PM
My friends on the Isle will understand!

Ütah~tea

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 40010 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/18/2003 2:15 PM

Usage of the word, I guess.

My point is that I don't know what I really weigh, and likely won't know unless I get on a large postal scale where I don't have to balance on a 12" square metal box.

Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 40013 of 58667
Subject: Re: Poll: When do you weigh the least? Date: 7/18/2003 3:13 PM

My point is that I don't know what I really weigh, and likely won't know unless I get on a large postal scale where I don't have to balance on a 12" square metal box.

As long as your realize that when you weight yourself on the postal scale it's impossible to drink and eat and reweight yourself and have an accurate scale come up with a lower reading.

Ütah~tea

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (49) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement