Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 791  
Subject: Poll: Where are you from? Part 2 Date: 8/20/2001 1:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I'm from here, pretty much
I'm not from here/I'm from away
All over the place
I'm a military brat (song and dance follows)
Where would you like me to be from?

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Dragonshark Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 640 of 791
Subject: Re: Poll: Where are you from? Part 2 Date: 2/16/2002 4:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
North Carolina/Texas/Utah/California/Guam/Okinawa/Phillipines/Korea/Illinois/Maine

Why? Where are you from?

Usually the eyes roll back into the head as their cognitive functions overload

---sigh-----

I miss Okinawa, even the civilian families were from everywhere

Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 642 of 791
Subject: Re: Poll: Where are you from? Part 2 Date: 2/16/2002 8:12 PM
Recommendations: 1
North Carolina/Texas/Utah/California/Guam/Okinawa/Phillipines/Korea/Illinois/Maine

Why? Where are you from?

Usually the eyes roll back into the head as their cognitive functions overload

ROFLOL!!!!!! I gotta try this. Though mine is less remarkable -- Kansas/Virginia/Rhode Island/Germany/Pennsylvania/Ohio/Connecticut/California . . . well, maybe not! But the last three are from my adult life, so they don't count.

BTW, I'd rec this post, but I've used up my 30 recs for the day -- hope I remember to do it tomorrow. :-(

phantomdiver

Author: Dragonshark Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 643 of 791
Subject: Re: Poll: Where are you from? Part 2 Date: 2/17/2002 2:10 AM
Recommendations: 0
Hey, adult life can count, after all, it's the move move move mentality that is drilled in. When I moved from California to ohio for a job, people thought i was nuts, i thought it was just something you do.

I wonder how many Global Nomads (LOL...stupid PC term for Military brats) have had volatility in their housing situation as they get antsy about living in one place.

Heey PD, how goes it, didn't know you were on this list too.

Laters

Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 644 of 791
Subject: Re: Poll: Where are you from? Part 2 Date: 2/17/2002 7:39 AM
I wonder how many Global Nomads (LOL...stupid PC term for Military brats) have had volatility in their housing situation as they get antsy about living in one place.

On alt.culture.military-brats, people were talking about this once -- some brats apparently just can't stay in one place very long. I don't feel that way. We've lived in our town since 1984 and in this house since 1987. I plan to leave here once we retire, which could be in anywhere from seven to fifteen years, depending on how my investments go. (And *that's* another subject altogether!) But I don't like the uprooting business and never did, so we stick to one place. -- Though we did move a bit until we'd been married for a few years.

I wonder if alt.culture.military-brats is still around -- I haven't been there for a while.

Heey PD, how goes it, didn't know you were on this list too.

*On* it? I *founded* it! :-)

Now quit lurking! That's an order! ;-)

phantomdiver

Author: Dragonshark Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 645 of 791
Subject: Re: Poll: Where are you from? Part 2 Date: 2/18/2002 7:59 AM
""Heey PD, how goes it, didn't know you were on this list too.

*On* it? I *founded* it! :-)

Now quit lurking! That's an order! ;-)

phantomdiver """

Awwwww, hon, you know I'm not into that

(oh wait, I think I am....drat)

Author: MechanicalMethod Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648 of 791
Subject: Re: Poll: Where are you from? Part 2 Date: 3/29/2002 4:04 PM
France.

Author: Dragonshark Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649 of 791
Subject: Re: Poll: Where are you from? Part 2 Date: 4/4/2002 9:11 PM
""""Subject: Re: Poll: Where are you from? Part 2
Author: MechanicalMethod Date: 3/29/02 4:04 PM Number: 648
France. """""

ROTFL

very very cool

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement