UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1656  
Subject: Poll: Who's out there? Date: 11/28/2000 12:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Dedicated to changing my career and lifestyle to be more sustainable
Recently learned about environmental issues, and want to learn more
I follow a sustainable lifestyle at home, but not at work
I currently work for a sustainable business
I currently own a sustainable business

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: geodc Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1597 of 1656
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's out there? Date: 11/28/2000 12:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
you left out "looking for ideas on sustainable businesses as possibilities for investment." this being a website focussed on investing, I would guess that looking for sustainable business investment opportunities might be high on many people's list.

(a dedicated lurker)

Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1598 of 1656
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's out there? Date: 11/28/2000 1:55 PM
you left out "looking for ideas on sustainable businesses as possibilities for investment." this being a website focussed on investing, I would guess that looking for sustainable business investment opportunities might be high on many people's list.

(a dedicated lurker)

Of course! Oh well, just getting a feel for the crowd. Don't call me a good market researcher ;-)

Chris

Author: andrewgwhite Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1600 of 1656
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's out there? Date: 11/29/2000 12:07 AM
Recommendations: 1
Missed mine, too: I'm interested in supporting sustainable inititives in my community, either through time or money. I don't necessarily want to change my career (immediately) and I've geared my lifestyle to be sustainable.

(Incidentally, I also support sustainable development through my vote! Tooker Gomberg, Toronto doesn't know what they're missing! http://www.gombergformayor.org/)

Author: JohnQuixote Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1601 of 1656
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's out there? Date: 12/6/2000 8:28 PM
Hey Chris and gang!

Sorry I've been absent. I've been preoccuppied with a very active board (CREE) and some concerns about sustainability at Enron.

Nevertheless, I appreciate you all (especially Chris) keeping the discussion alive here at the sustainable business board.

BTW, while were talking about our personal lives, I work to promote renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies, does that count? As a former recycling coordinator, I do my best to keep my "footprint" light by recycling, composting, and walking & subway-ing to work each day.

As for investments, I'm pretty much tied-up (not immediately looking for new ones), but I'm always open to learning! For the record, here's my current holdings, all of which I believe to be environmentally preferrable, if not sustainable: BP, ENE, CTAL, CREE, ELON, PALM.

Cheers!
John Quixote

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement