UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977251  
Subject: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 9:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Who's winning?
Romney
Obama
An offstage empty chair

Click here to see results so far.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820744 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 9:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
The early part is going to Romney fairly big. Obama seems unsteady and repeating talking points.
Romney, right or wrong, appears to have far more in the way of facts to cite, though I'm sure we'll have factchecking later on.

Biggest win for Romney was on energy, which I've seen as an Obama weakspot. Thought he scored big on his answer to Obama's claims.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820746 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 9:35 PM
Recommendations: 3
Be nice to see Lehrer take more control. Seems he keeps letting Romney rant on and keeps interrupting Obama.

Ken

Author: doubtit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820748 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 9:42 PM
Obama is terrible -

Romney is blowing him out of the water

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820755 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 10:02 PM
I think Romney's edging Obama in down-home feel-good truthiness.

I'm watching this on CNN to see the "Colorado Undecided Voter" realtime opinion polling. Response to both is generally positive though response to Obama is consistently higher among the women. BIG difference when the subject is health care (women love him, men say "meh"). Response to Romney is also generally positive but spiky and seems to fade out by the time he's done talking.

So far Romney is the only one that has recieved an extended run in the negative on the topic of Medicare vouchers.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820757 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 10:03 PM
Recommendations: 6
Obama is terrible -

Romney is blowing him out of the water

lol...the prez stumbled and fumbled explaining his own prezczre.

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820758 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 10:05 PM
Romney is strong. And all of a sudden, the president is good buddies with Clinton? Politics sure do make strange bedfellows.

And - Clint Eastwood should be the moderator. Whoever that guy is moderating is doing a crappy job.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820762 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 10:12 PM
All I know for sure is that Jim Lehrer is losing it.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820763 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 10:14 PM
All I know for sure is that Jim Lehrer is losing it.

Too bad he doesn't have a switch to turn off the microphones of the two candidates when they either fail to answer a question asked... or butt in to talk about something unrelated to the subject at hand.

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820765 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 10:20 PM
Lehrer reminds me of that Star Trek episode where the leader of some nation only appeared on a screen. It turned out he was really dead, and his image was just a prop. The country was really being run by some criminal element.

Sound familiar?

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820766 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 10:21 PM
Recommendations: 2
"Romney is strong"

More like Obama is weak. What was a big win has gotten smaller though as Romney's medicare voucher was an easy target.

Obama has also scored on Romney's inability to detail repealing Dodd Frank and Obamacare.

However, I'm just amazed at how weak, in general, Obama is at debating. Even when he has the edge on substance, he seems unable to deliver.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820767 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 10:24 PM
"However, I'm just amazed at how weak, in general, Obama is at debating. Even when he has the edge on substance, he seems unable to deliver. "

Obama did miss an opportunity when Romney said if he doesn't like his insurance company he would get himself a different insurance company. Obama should have noted that not many have the luxury of that choice.

Ken

Author: doubtit Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820770 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 10:28 PM
10:27 PM

Amazing for THIS board !!!!!

Who's winning?

53% (10 Votes ) Romney

32% (6 Votes )Obama

16% (3 Votes ) An offstage empty chair

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820836 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/3/2012 11:53 PM
Recommendations: 2
Romney looked vibrant, alert, and his answers were crisp. Obama looked aloof, constantly grimaced, and his answers were all over the place. Many of Obama's answers were nothing more then regurgitated talking points. Romney definitely won this debate hands down. - Carol

Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820848 of 1977251
Subject: Re: Poll: Who's Winning the Debate? Date: 10/4/2012 12:11 AM
Romney looked vibrant, alert, and his answers were crisp. Obama looked aloof, constantly grimaced, and his answers were all over the place. Many of Obama's answers were nothing more then regurgitated talking points. Romney definitely won this debate hands down. - Carol

You're biased. Unlike the rest of PA, who are always so objective.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement