Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wouter28 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 236  
Subject: Popes Yida purchase Date: 3/13/2012 12:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Looks like Pope Investments bought 90,000 more shares on 3/2 at 1.75. A very good sign before earnings. That and a clean 10K will likely have me buying more.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=CNYD+Insider+Transactions
Print the post Back To Top
Author: XMFSysun Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 222 of 236
Subject: Re: Popes Yida purchase Date: 3/14/2012 9:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I've gotten in touch with those guys before -- they don't talk about any of their investments so unfortunately I have no insight to share about their purchase. They have quite a few Chinese small caps in their portfolio though so it seems like they're in it for the long haul.

Author: wouter28 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 223 of 236
Subject: Re: Popes Yida purchase Date: 3/14/2012 11:36 PM
I saw they sold $5 million of CNYD in October 2010 (well timed at $10). I take it as a good sign that they are now buying more, although the amount is small compared to their total holdings. Given their large holdings of shares, they should have very good insight into the stock, so the fact that they are buying is pretty postivie from my vantage point. It also gives me a little more comfort that they do not have an material financial fraud going on, which if true makes the stock very undervalued.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement