Here is what reads like a positive news release. It didn't effect the stock price positively though...http://tinyurl.com/dhe8qMESuther13
You still around MeSuther13?I just bought this stock a few days ago, having owned OMRI for a while, finding out ZGEN's product should be released before the end of this year if it gets FDA approval, and soon overtake OMRI in sales. It's the first time I have ever "invested" in a company with no viable products/services on the market. A good way to avoid all the other pipe dreams that have come and gone, but this one looks to be different. King has $250 million in sales on their bovine based product, OMRI running about $55 million in their NEW plasma based product, ZGEN is supposed to be safer than both bovine and plasma, and not be constrained by the availability of plasma. I'll probably bail if FDA does not approve it. Another thing is they have a pretty hefty pipeline aside from rhThrombrin. ZGEN has co-developed drugs that generate $3.5 billion in annual sales being part of another company but got spun off as their research extended past the parent company's focus. That's my understanding of things.
Hi 11x-Yep, I'm still around. From what you've written I would say you have a pretty good understanding of things. I've certainly been patient with this stock, probably to a fault. I bought it in Sept. 2003. At one point I was up about 25%, now I'm about 6% under water. The reason I've held it so long is best explained by stealing a quote from you. It's the first time I have ever "invested" in a company with no viable products/services on the market. A good way to avoid all the other pipe dreams that have come and gone, but this one looks to be different. To put it simply, I sure as hell hope we're right about that. ; ) I won't lie and will say that I envy your timing much better than mine. I could have had this money on one of my other stocks that have gone like gangbusters during the same timeframe. (AAPL for instance.) But then who's to say I ever would have come back to this one. I do expect good things to come, so for now I'll remain patient. MESuther13
Hi MESuther13,I Just start long position on this stocks.How high do you think the price will be before the FDA decision on October?You have been investing in this stock long enough to be familiar with it's price moving pattern.Thank you,Best regards,Proper21
Hi Proper21, usually I just talk to myself on this board! I hate to disappoint you but I invested in this for the VERY long term, so I don't have any guesses as to what the price will be doing between now and October. My investment is related to what they can become 10 years from now, not what they are going to be four months from now. So far I've owned it three years and I'm down 11% so far. (I think I was up as much as 30% at one time but not anymore.) A guy who is more into market gyrations would probably have sold it and bought it back cheaper but I don't have much luck with timing the market. I've been lucky a few times but overall I seem to do best when I just pick a good company and hold for the long haul. I believe the return on this stock will be good but I also know that I won't be holding my breath waiting as it's going to take some time. MESuther13
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar