Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Ok, I told you about the last email I got from this "tip" site. PGLO had 2 REALLY strong runs (from around .25 to .90 then again from .20 to .50) so whoever is putting these out looks like they have a pretty strong group of promoters out there. The previous 2 email tips I've gotten have been similar so whoever is doing this is making a ton of money.

Just so you know, PGLO was and is a garbage company with something like 12k of income for the entire previous year and no visible means of support. The emails are full of stuff about how they were getting a contract in "India" that was "exclusive" and would make them millions in the next 10 years. Obviously crap but it did shoot the stock WAY up.

The latest email I got (yesterday evening) was for TGRO (Tiger Oil and Energy, Inc.) which seems to be a small oil and gas explotation company.

They seem to have zero income (operating expenses were 107k and losses were 107k) and from their financials it seems they have no cash on hand and no cash flow but the email suggested it was going to "go through the roof just like PGLO!" Usually this guy/these people send out emails the day after the pick announcement (should be about mid way through the trading day today) then about 1 or 2 a day for the first week. They keep doing this until the stock takes a nose dive then they're quiet for a few days. Once the stock settles back to the original price (or lower in the case of PGLO) they suggest a "HUGE short squeeze" is coming due to all of those "evil shorters" (and yeah, they use those words) and if we just buy more the short squeeze will send the stock even higher than before.

I put in a limit buy at .30 just to see if I could grab some at the start of the trading day to see what happens. PGLO took a couple of days to really take off and I expect this to act the same way. Once it hits a 50% or better gain it's probably time to get out and leave it alone.

Again, this is a garbage company and any money spent on buying their stock could be flushed right down the drain. There's a chance though that it could be worth a quick turn-around trade so I'm just doing this for fun, and maybe the chance to make some change.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS!!! I just wanted to let you guys know what I'm doing and why in case you were interested in giving it a try. It will probably be a total waste of time and money but it might be fun.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday season!

Calabogie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement