Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
When I head up to the Whites for a hike, I usually follow that up with a trip to the Woodstock Inn. They brew their own beer and I almost always order the pork shank which comes on a bed of mashed potatoes along with corn fritters. It's so good I call it Pork Shank Redemption. I wash that down with a couple of Pig Ears (brown ale) and then make the 2 hour trek home.

Does anyone else have post hike rituals?

Grape
Print the post Back To Top
Does anyone else have post hike rituals?

I wouldn't exactly call it a ritual... but when I go out for one or more nights, I develop a craving for the worst kinds of fatty foods. French fries are number 1, then fried chicken, or a grilled-cheese sandwich (cheddar, not American cheese, this is important). So generally I try to visit a diner when coming off the trail.

When day hiking, I often make myself a plate of buttermilk pancakes for dinner. If possible, loaded up with blueberries. Hiking makes everything taste 10x better.

A pre-hike ceremony I've engaged in is stopping at a cafe and bringing a latte and some homemade donuts along on early morning hikes. I'll bring the food up to a high point and relax while eating breakfast. Much to my chagrin, the donut place stopped making homemade donuts, so I don't do that anymore.

Rocannon
Much to my chagrin, the donut place stopped making homemade donuts, so I don't do that anymore.

You mean Little Debbie's mini donuts don't do it for ya??? Go figure...

Grape
You mean Little Debbie's mini donuts don't do it for ya??? Go figure...

If it's going to clog my arteries, it'd better be worth it!

Rocannon
Advertisement