UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: saml72933 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75383  
Subject: Post-Retirement Savings Date: 2/25/2000 8:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm 66 years old and retired from being self-employed. I do not have an IRA or other tax deferred type of vehicle. However I am still "growing" my retirement nest egg, which I accumulated through the years and when I sold my business interest and retired. I am now being hit with $2000-3000 income taxes each year that I would like to avoid if possible. Is there a vehicle I can use to avoid these taxes. (Not bonds please!) Thanks for any info. SamL
Print the post Back To Top
Author: loyoak Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19509 of 75383
Subject: Re: Post-Retirement Savings Date: 2/25/2000 7:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
You can convert savings which are earning taxable dividends and get into a Telecom leasing program which assures you over 14% yield and a 20% annual depreciation for the next 5 years. The principal is returnable anytime with no fees or penalties. This establishes a lifetime of residual income as the lease is renewable every 5 years. Works great for me and my Mom. Loy, Registered Investment Advisor.

Author: JOEGGFOOL One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19511 of 75383
Subject: Re: Post-Retirement Savings Date: 2/25/2000 10:54 PM
Recommendations: 1
You can convert savings which are earning taxable dividends and get into a Telecom leasing program which assures you over
14% yield and a 20% annual depreciation for the next 5 years. The principal is returnable anytime with no fees or penalties.
This establishes a lifetime of residual income as the lease is renewable every 5 years. Works great for me and my Mom. Loy,
Registered Investment Advisor.

What is this?? Some kind of PONZI scam???
I believe in the old proverb, IF it sounds too good to be true, It is.

Author: cleobaby Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19515 of 75383
Subject: Re: Post-Retirement Savings Date: 2/26/2000 8:37 AM
I'd really like to know more about the Telecom leasing program.

Author: NYMOM One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19516 of 75383
Subject: Re: Post-Retirement Savings Date: 2/26/2000 10:20 AM
Recommendations: 1
I won't touch this leasing program. Why would it be paying 14% and be absolutely safe. The only absolutely safe investments are US govenment obligations. The higher the return the more risky an investment. If it sounds too good to be true it is.

Author: waldronr Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19533 of 75383
Subject: Re: Post-Retirement Savings Date: 2/26/2000 9:31 PM
Recommendations: 2
"Telecom leasing program which assures you over 14% yield and a 20% annual depreciation for the next 5 years.

Caution:
I would check out very closely any investment which 'assures', ensures or guarantees 14% ROI. Heard just recently about the author Tom Clancy being ripped off big-time by an investment scheme which did just that.
Just my opinion and gut reaction...

Regards, Ron W.

Author: saml72933 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19556 of 75383
Subject: Re: Post-Retirement Savings Date: 2/27/2000 6:25 PM
Enough already about the Telecom leasing 14% deal. I need to know if there is something similar to a Roth IRA that I can use to shelter earnings from my retirement investments!!?? Thanks, Saml

Author: BGPenhollo Two stars, 250 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22184 of 75383
Subject: Re: Post-Retirement Savings Date: 5/25/2000 8:15 AM
Saml posts..

"Enough already about the Telecom leasing 14% deal. I need to know if there is something similar to a Roth IRA that I can use to shelter earnings from my retirement investments!!?? Thanks, Saml "

Hi Saml,

I am not an expert but have you considered looking into products like Variable Annuities or one of the Stock Portfolio's of MotleyFool?

If you purchase stocks or a Variable Annuity, which has limited use in my opinion, you can control better when you take the earnings. You don't shelter your present income but you do defer the tax on the gains. With Stocks, you will need to avoid income producing stocks that pay dividend because those will be taxed at your income tax rate.

Long Term Capital Gains from the sale of appreciated stocks is only taxed at 20% instead of potentially higher income tax rates.

Hope this helps...

BGP

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement