Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: euphoriant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 232  
Subject: posters Date: 5/25/2003 12:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
This morning I am most grateful for everyone who has sent me a private email telling me that my opinions were welcome on Annies Foolish Angels, or that they agreed with me but were afraid to post, or thanking me for making them more aware of Annie's situation.

One person was not aware that Annie had lung cancer. This person thought Annie had brain cancer. I wonder how many others thought, or still think this. I don't know and I think many would say it doesn't matter. Well, it does. Lung cancer is a horrible cancer (all cancers are horrible) in that it is very hard, and most of the time impossible, to cure. This is TMF, I would hope we'd want to educate people while helping them. I guess, just not on that board.

Several people were not aware that Annie and/or any of her family members were smokers until Kenny posted about it. That's right...he brought that up, not me.

Some posters asked me to shrug off what posters were saying and to please continue to post. I'm sorry, but TMF told me that I couldn't post on that board anymore or they'd "take action". I'm not positive what that means, but I'm guessing it means they'd suspend me.

Annie and her family need support. I'm glad they found it and I do not want to take that away from them. I just feel it's a shame that others, who might be reading her story, can't also be educated on why this happened to Annie and how they could help prevent it from happening to themselves or someone they love.

So, thank you all for the kind emails. I appreciated and am grateful everyone.

e
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement