UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: willisworn Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2002  
Subject: Re: So, how about that Date: 11/1/2011 4:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Posting about how unhappy I was about the overspending during 2003-04 in his first term [if not earlier, but circa 2003ish], and also posting about how unhappy I was about the Prescription Drug benefit, and also writing letters to the WH complaining about them, in addition to posting all those complaints right here at TMF.

Bull

You've never posted anything critical of Bush.

The difference, is under Bush the deficit was a trivial percentage of GDP, not 10% year after year.

LOL

Yeah, Obama inherited a recession. How can you possibly compare the two? Please don't embarrass yourself further by bringing up 2001 again.

We've even been over this before a few months ago:

Which I ignored because you didn't address the question, which was about tax avoidance.

It is theoretically IMPOSSIBLE for tax cuts to generate more revenue without relying on tax avoidance loopholes. Even Reagan's biggest defenders will allow that "increased revenues" had something to do with reporting more income.

If it's not, answer me this: what does the velocity of money have to increase in order to offset a n% decrease in tax rates?

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement