No. of Recommendations: 0
Posting the actual numbers of a short-the-equity-and-go-long-the-debt trade would be interesting, and more informative.

e.g,---"bot 2 mid-term bonds @ 78, present coupon is 7.75, shorted 500 sh of same at 32, no dividend....something like that.

To maintain secrecy, maybe you could inflate/deflate the numbers by some random ration 1.2, -0.25, etc) (although that might totally skew the potential results)

I think the concept is interesting, even maybe a little original, so I'm curious.

Maybe after a trade is closed out (which I assume won't be for at least a year or much longer, since I believe these are new that you've recently put on), you'll put more specific numbers for individual trades.

I have yet to find much for companies that have distressed debt and offer LEAPS.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement