Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am trying to reduce my tax burden this year by postponing al the income I can to next year. I use cash method of accounting in my S-Corp books.

Would it be legal to hold on to (not deposit) payments I receive in the next couple of months until January, so as to have that income show up in my accounts next year?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.