UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 726226  
Subject: Re: Eat your apples..... Date: 1/27/2013 12:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Potato chips are my binge food--Lay's Kettle Potato Chips, original. Sometimes Safeway has them on sale two bags for the price of one.
Grrrrrr.

When I give in and buy them I tell myself I will have only 12 chips at a time--with a sandwich or some kind of avocado or bean dip--and make a bag last for months.

It never works. After the sun goes down the demons come out and before the night is over they totally win. I never feel cranky though or even like I have eaten too much. And while binging away I feel wonderful. They are so delicious. I think I was meant to eat potato chips. I do try to be a little careful with portions of other foods the next couple of days and usually I can also resist buying them for a few months too after a greedy binge.

I can also go a little wild with a big bag of salted peanuts in the shell in that once I start it is hard to quit. But it is chips that are my true downfall.
catmeyoo
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
wow, this is right on target for me today. I've been slipping and sliding on my food plan since the 1st wk of Dec. I didn't have any problems while my Sweetum's and that fellow were ill and the fellow dying which fits in with putting my priorities in perspective, feeling my feelings and dulling any food cravings. But afterwards though, the need to numb out come roaring back. It's insidious, I just want more and more and more and more, like a bottomless pit which after all that carb overload leave me depressed and lethargic and craving even more.

Yesterday, I finished off the croutons that I had portioned out for my salads. I did alright for awhile but past experience has taught me I can only do the packaged salads with croutons in a little bag.

I was at the gym yesterday and a friend told me about a mutual friend's husband, 51 yrs. old, who before Xmas, had chest pains, difficulty breathing, went to the hospital and did a quadruple bypass and they found more damage and they did a heart transplant. The friend who told me, I've known she and her husband for yrs at the gym, they are foodies and they've gain back a lot of weight the past couple of yrs even though they exercise, the extra calories is too much. You can't exercise off poor nutrition/excess calories....not like that. Both of them said after hearing about this guy, it made them change their food as of Jan. 2 and they have lost some wgt. The guy's LDL is off the charts so he has extra incentive to change.

I have extra incentive to change because I know where my binge eating takes me, higher weight, more stress on knees and back-more pain, lower self esteem and that hopeless feeling when clothes are tight and I have to buy new ones. It's a lifelong addiction and I'll always have to be careful of what I bring into the house and what I eat out of the house.

It may be all an illusion but I have pictures of me at 300 lbs. and various other weights as well.....that serve as reminders of where my indulgences can lead me to.

LuckyDog
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement