Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: nolte Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12  
Subject: Potential Date: 2/16/2001 4:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Doesn't seem to be much interest here..in any event here goes... I've read a couple of interesting articles re: this firm. This firm is an early leader in the on-line coporate and collegiate training/education market.
In Red Herring I found:
THE HERRING TAKE: Docent has assembled a healthy client base of big-name companiesand has quietly maintained an ability to deliver new products and perform in a growing market. Like its peers, Docent needs to have an eye on profitibility to survive the inevitable consolidation of the sector..........

...and Forbes - ASAP issue "Ramp Champs" article... (link- www.forbes.com/asap/2001/0219/094.html)

This article was Forbes 2nd annual survey of the fastest-growing technology companies and Docent was # 7 among the Top 20.

Here are some #'s"
2000 FY estimated revenues: $9.9 million
2000 FY estimated revenue growth: 1,152%
2000 stock market performance: -52%
2001 FY estimated revenue growth: 301%

Docen ti s considered an early leader in the growing $1.2 billion e-learning market, which "they" say should "hit nearly $14 billion by 2003". Docent has signed up big names such as HP and Nike among their total of 110 clients.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

-Nolte

Print the post Back To Top
Author: EGmoney Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 12
Subject: Re: Potential Date: 2/26/2001 10:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
You say Docent has 110 clients, among which are Nike and HP, yet they only have yearly revenue of 5.78 million. Docent is a low balling, cheap firm that has a good product, but can't execute. They have been early in coming out, but there are a million Learning Management system firms out there like them, and Docent claims to be in the Knowledge exchange space, which they are not. I am in the industry, and I wouldn't bet on Docent. My advice is put your money somewhere else with a company that has a 110 clients with revenue larger than 5 million on the year. I don't think they will last.

Author: demoniser Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 12
Subject: Re: Potential Date: 4/5/2001 11:07 AM
Recommendations: 0
I agree. Docent offer is undifferentiated from dozens of other elearning start-ups, and I thought we had learned the hard way by now not to put your shirt on businesses with net losses 10 times their turnover.
Forecasts of sector growth and the demise of classroom training are fantasy.

Their only escape is to be taken over by one of the big publishing businesses that are investing in elearning.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement