Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DawdlingRamblr One star, 50 posts 8 Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120  
Subject: Potential for a Great Board Date: 9/21/2006 3:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
This is my first post, and I don't have a lot of time so I'll keep it short, but I think this could be a great board. So far, it's a little lonely, but that's to be expected in an often overlooked but potentially lucrative area, if you believe Joel Greenblatt, that is.

I am working on reading "You Can Be a Stock Market Genius" for the third time, but I can't get past the third chapter in terms of my own investment research. Yes, it takes that long for things to sink into my wee little brain.

I noticed a few spinoffs have been discussed on the value investing board (still trying to catch up by reading through it, so I am sure there are more).

I'll post some of the current and future spinoffs I am watching along with some relatively simplistic analyses (I hope to post more detailed analyses once I get smarter, hopefully over the next year or two) in the near future.

Take care!

Jim

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Immord Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22 of 120
Subject: Re: Potential for a Great Board Date: 10/16/2006 1:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Count me in! I just finished the book over the weekend. Am currently interested in HBI, WU/FD and others!

Author: DawdlingRamblr One star, 50 posts 8 Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24 of 120
Subject: Re: Potential for a Great Board Date: 10/16/2006 10:08 PM
Recommendations: 0
Great! I am hoping to be able to spend more time on some serious analysis (or at least some analysis) in the near future.

Between work, school, and everything, time has been scarce. It's frustrating too, because Greenblatt's book was such an eye opener that I feel like a lot of pieces of my strategy puzzle have fallen into place. I just need time to study each piece and put it all together to turn the strategy into a (hopefully!) viable practice. I'll lay out my thinking on this in a separate post, hopefully sometime this weekend. Of course, I said I would post a more in-depth analysis of Alberto Culver a couple/three weeks ago on a weekend and I haven't gotten to that yet either, so don't hold your breath. BTW, Alberto Culver's shareholders are voting on 10 Nov on the proposed spinoff so there's still time, but I wanted to determine whether or not it would be better to buy prior to the spin or not.

Any one have any free time they can loan me?

: )

Jim

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement