Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tantal One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 212345  
Subject: Re: Content Providers of the Fool, Unite! Date: 1/29/2002 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 102
PP,

Normally your cynical attitude is a useful addition to a critical discussion, but in this case I feel you have reached the height of childish sophistry. You know security analysis better than I, but if I must genuflect in order to be enlightened by your vast intellect, then I shall choose to remain blissfully ignorant.

Actually I thank you (and another horse's ass on the AAPL board) for helping me understand how I really feel about how reasonable the $30 fee is ($15/year for the first 2) to participate in this community. It is a community, all opinions welcome, even yours. However, the idea that you are so wonderful that we can't do without you, or even a real man like Bruce Brown, and still not grow into a better community is absurd.

Were you as wonderful when the fool began as you are now? Did you not learn more than you taught? I guess it's easy for me to say this as I have certainly learned more than I have taught these past two years. Come the day, however, that I am even 1/10th the intellect you are, then I will surely be returning to the community some of that which I have received. This, after the yearly fees. It is not only my hope, but one of my investing goals that I might be able to help others one day who have only the means to purchase a hundred or so shares at time.

Go your own way, then, and save your $30. I sincerely wish you the best.

Darryl
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Brookfield Asset Management
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement