Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Grunschev One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 29  
Subject: premium Date: 4/6/1999 2:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Why would anybody sell at 8 1/2 if they can hold for a short while and get 10? I saw the same thing when WIKD (Pete's Wicked) went private. Up until just a few days before the deal closed at 6 3/8 you could still buy at 5 1/2.

It seems like free money to me. Once my order fills I'll go down to the new Rock Bottom in Ahwatukee (Phoenix) and celebrate.

Igor
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PhilSpalding One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26 of 29
Subject: Re: premium Date: 4/7/1999 11:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
yes, but.....

"a short while" in my finger counting department looks like five months. So what is the cost of opportunity lost over those months? No matter what, I'll be selling at a loss @$10, and what's worse, it's in a tax sheltered account so there's no capgains loss to use as an excuse for exiting. So I've got a more or less 18% gain (figuring 8.5 v 10 over the 5 months) guaranteed, or the opportunity to place this chunk of change into something that may outgrow the guarantee. I'd jump at $9, but giving the arbs a buck and half just rubs me the wrong way. Guess I'll have to drown my festering (and spend down my ChopHouse Gift Card) over a Fireman's special.

Phil

Author: Grunschev One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27 of 29
Subject: Re: premium Date: 4/7/1999 5:14 PM
Phil, I feel your pain. Just not with this stock. Let's just say I was small-f foolish with a chicken stock. They ended up with a Q at the end of their ticker.

I salivated over BREW when it went IPO, but I'm not a big fan of IPO's, so I waited. I ended up forgetting all about the company, particularly since I moved to a place without any of their stores. But one just opened a couple miles from work, and is doing a raging business; perhaps it is worth a second look?

Then to my surprise I see the news and the premium. I missed the 8 1/2, but had an order partially filled today at 8 9/16. I'm sad it was a partial fill, but so it goes. After commissions I'll get a 15% return, which I'll take. For the risk I'd say it's pretty good.

Good fortune to you.

Igor

Author: tonyw44 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28 of 29
Subject: Re: premium Date: 4/28/1999 12:03 PM
I'm with you here. I'm going to go in at 8 3/4 and take my little profit. I've got other money to play with for other things, but I can wait a whole five months for a 15 percent return after commissions.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement