UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: havefunsaving Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 597  
Subject: Re: Name? Date: 8/24/2009 2:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Prepare to have your question over-answered. ;) - Jeremy

Over-answered??? I loved it!!!

Thanks for letting us in on the behind-the-scenes stuff.

As for the options, I'm with Tastylunch. I like how he thinks. :o)

Please, I'm begging you... do not go with Door #3. Boring doesn't begin to describe that option. Since when is The Motley Fool about boring???????

Seriously.

I can live with Option #2 (gag me with a spoon), but I don't want to. No offense intended. And since you came up with it at Happy Hour, and alcohol must have been involved, I'm assuming none will be taken. It took my dentist years to get me to floss regularly. I'm willing to associate that with tooth hygiene, but investing knowledge? Please. I know, I know. We've been there, discussed that, bought the postcard. Nuff said. :o)

I'm unsure about Option #4. On the one hand, if it is integrated, it brings googlers to the site who might otherwise not have come. (Good) OTOH, it muddies the waters to completely integrate it so that it is all but invisible (which is how I am interpreting your description). (Bad)

Unlike Tastylunch, I like the idea of yet another tab for the wiki. Integration without subsumation. Conversely, is it possible to put it on a tab within Fool, and at the same time have it be a stand-alone site? Sort of? With reverse links back to TMF for cross-pollination of new readers? Note that I know less than zero about website creation, so I don't know if what I am asking for is even do-able.

Which leads us back to Door #1... OR... some yet-to-blossom intriguing idea from outside the box. I'm not very good at outside-the-box thinking, so that one will have to come from someone else.

I still like Touchstone. Can't we just fire the "legal Fools"? (She said oh-so-sweetly.)

Assuming that doesn't fly (and I might note that some of my best friends are lawyers -- well... not really, but I know someone who knows someone), I'll start thinking about possible names again.

Best regards,
Kathie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Future, or What's Left of It
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement