UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127801  
Subject: Preparing for Sale Date: 1/31/2013 10:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am organizing and executing the last round of projects in the next couple of years, in preparation to sell the house. The previous owners put a couple of large additions on to the house, and IMO they did not use the space wisely. One area I would appreciate some feedback on is the upstairs laundry room.

The laundry in this house is well traveled, starting in the basement, going to the kitchen, and finally having a bedroom converted to a laundry room upstairs when the master bedroom was added on. A bedroom is a large space for a washer and dryer. The room is linked to the master bedroom, and would make a great nursery/child's bedroom, home office, sitting room, but not if the washer and drier stay there. In the master bathroom there is a separate shower and tub, the tub being a basic $120 kiddie tub from Home Depot or the like, and is in no way special. The only time we use it is to store water for flushing the toilet, when we anticipate a power outage. Even that use will need work since the tub, or more likely the drain, leaked into the ceiling below last storm.

So I was thinking of ripping out the tub and putting the washer dryer in there, opening up the small now 5th bedroom for another use. The house has 3250 SF, in an area where 3,000+ is typical. From a marketing POV, which use do you think is best? I appreciate your answers and realize that to some extent this will be market driven, but these posts in the very least help me think things through and often result in telling me something I had not thought of previously.

IP
cross posted to building/maintaining a home board
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement