UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFDoraemon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 195  
Subject: Re: General question re: brokers, research Date: 12/21/2006 12:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Pretty interesting group of companies :). I used one of our internal data providers here at Fool HQ (Capital IQ) to dig up some info on these companies, but doing a search on Google provided the company website for each. As a general rule I've found that many foreign comapnies provide disclosure equal to what we get in the U.S. That said, accounting differences can provide some headaches.

The first one, Kyowa, is in the business of making bolts and is listed on the Jasdaq under the ticker you provided. There are financials on its website, but they are all in Japanese. Given the market cap you're correct that this one would likely be tough/expensive to trade, though not impossible. The bigger hurdle would likely be the research.

Paranaense Energia has a pretty good investor relations page with info in English. http://tinyurl.com/y8xov4 and given that it's an NYSE listed ADR with should be fairly easy to move in and out of. I can't say I know much about the company itself, but information appears to be readily available.

Jiang Ling Motors, which appears to also go by JMC has a decent IR page in English too, though not as detailed as Paranaense's. It can be found here:

http://www.jmc.com.cn/english/invest/announcement.asp

As a 'Y' pink sheet ADR it shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of at Ameritrade, Fidelity, E-Trade, though I can't speak for other brokers.

Hope this helps get you started!

Best,

Nate
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Ubiquiti Analysis
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement