No. of Recommendations: 0
Pretty much any bank will open a CD account for an IRA. I don't understand what tax issues you're concerned about.

We are not eligible for a Roth or deductible contributions to a Traditional IRA. It does not make sense to make non-deductible contributions and convert to a Roth since we have Rollover IRAs and there would be substantial taxes due on the conversions.

I cannot see moving our Rollover IRAs from Vanguard to a bank, so I would have to buy "brokered CDs" which I don't really understand. I'm not one that likes to buy things I don't understand...

Given this, I don't know what my options are other than Bond Funds in our tax-deferred accounts (at Vanguard, plus 401k and 403b accounts) or CDs in our taxable accounts. If I am missing something, please let me know.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.