Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: coates Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 25239  
Subject: Re: 401k contribution limits? Date: 2/24/1999 6:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

Pretty new to this and had a quick question- my wife puts in 5% of her paycheck and her school(private) puts in 10%- Great deal except it's in an annuity (VALIC) but thats another topic. Does this constitute the limit to her contributions or can she contribut 15% (still below $10,000 and MEA) along with the schools 10% contribution?

Contribution limits are set first by the "Plan Documents" which are available from the Plan Administrator. After that The $10,000.00 Limit on Pre-Tax Contributions kick in. This applies only to your wifes contributions,not any contributions contributed "On Behalf of The Employee" I.E.>Matching contributions.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement