Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
i am possible looking at a divorce despite marriage counselling (who seemed to be an opposition to keeping the marriage together) and all that stuff.
I, not my spouse, have been actively saving for the children in their seperate accounts, for their college, braces, etc. It has paid for two of three braces already. I believe that the accounts not only are under the child's name but jointly with both of us parents. I have been able to withdraw from the account without any problems or a second signature.
I am concerned of having to split up the monies if a divorce does occur.
Where can I place their money , so that it will not be part of the divorce, and yet will continue to be the children's -- yet only I have control over it -- for the children's future? DRIP account? Their own mutual fund portfolio?
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.