UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TonyFord Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15  
Subject: Price Does not Rise! Date: 7/3/1998 1:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Stock club invested in THI some months ago. Sales and EPS are on the uptick, prices down. Dont see any bad news in Value Line - am puzzled why the price isnt on the rise - any ideas??
Print the post Back To Top
Author: nadine Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 15
Subject: Re: Price Does not Rise! Date: 7/27/1998 7:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I, too, own THI. It's the worst performing stock in my portfolio.
My observation (belatedly) is that THI is owned 12% by Institutions and 80% by its "parent" company and affiliates. That doesn't leave much room (8%)for other investors to move the price. Remember, you need trading volume (buying and selling) to affect the price. As it is, there would have to be an institutional sell off to have any affect, and that would be negative.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement