Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: garyfender Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121585  
Subject: Deleted Message Date: 12/27/2004 12:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 74959 of 121585
Subject: Re: Price is Right Date: 12/27/2004 12:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I was curious on whether people who win prices on game shows like the Price is Right must pay any kind of taxes on them?

Oh yeah. In addition, if they're not California residents and win over $1,000 they also pay California tax in addition to Federal and home-state tax.

Phil

Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 74960 of 121585
Subject: Re: Price is Right Date: 12/27/2004 12:42 PM
Recommendations: 1
P.S. The taxable income is the fair market value of the prize.

Phil

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 74965 of 121585
Subject: Re: Price is Right Date: 12/27/2004 5:25 PM
Recommendations: 0
Just because they won a prize does not mean that they have to accept the prize. Many non-cash prizes are not claimed because the taxes would be higher than the value the receipt placed on the item.

Debra

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement