UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Steveegee Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3841  
Subject: Prins Recycling & Quadrax Date: 7/2/1999 9:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This 2 bad investments will top just about anyones! The first time I ever bought a stock was 4-5 years ago. So, to get started I bought "Individual Invester" magazine. I read all their advice carefully and decided to pick Prins Recycling for my very first stock purchase. I sunk in $8,000, all my savings at the time. From the day I purchased the stock kept on declining. I kept hoping it would bounce back someday, but it never did. After a couple years of owning it, the company claimed bankruptcy and I lost everything. Lesson - don't listen to advice from authors in an investment magazine. It gets a lot worse. This was a bad first experience for me, but I thought, lets try it one more time. After reading another issue of "Individual Investor" they were really pushing this other stock called Quadrax. I decided to take another plunge thinking a huge lost could not happen to me again. Well, the same thing happened. I sunk another $8,500 into Quadrax. They declined from the day I bought them. They got delisted from Nasdaq and my investment is now worth a whole $50. I was depressed and devastated from these, my first 2 stock purchases ever. I decided not to buy any stock ever again. Until about a year ago when I began reading simple advice such as on these Motley Fool pages to invest in what you know. Well, I work in the computer software industry and was seeing tons of growth all around me. So I tried one more time. For the past year I have been doing well. I simply make common sense decisions and don't try to go for a quick buck. If you get too risky you're going to lose everything - that lesson I have learned!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement