UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Rjdearborn One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 189517  
Subject: Print limited to 10 pages at time Date: 8/21/1999 9:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
When I attempt to print a long post (or other long item) of more than 10 pages, the first ten pages print correctly, but the remaining pages print blank except for my default header information (ie. date and page number). I have tried different ways of printing (such as using the printer Icon, or using File/Print/PrintRange with various options), but the end result is always the same.

I am running Windows 95 and Internet Explorer 5.0, with an HP Deskjet 722C printer.

My thanks in advance for any help.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ShelbyBoy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1173 of 189517
Subject: Re: Print limited to 10 pages at time Date: 8/21/1999 10:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Are you printing from a word processor program?

Author: Rjdearborn One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1174 of 189517
Subject: Re: Print limited to 10 pages at time Date: 8/21/1999 11:31 AM
I'm not printing from a word processor program, just from my browser, MIE 5.0.

Author: JeanDavid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1175 of 189517
Subject: Re: Print limited to 10 pages at time Date: 8/21/1999 1:18 PM
When I attempt to print a long post (or other long item) of more than 10 pages, the first ten pages print correctly, but the remaining pages print blank except for my default header information (ie. date and page number). I have tried different ways of printing (such as using the printer Icon, or using File/Print/PrintRange with various options), but the end result is always the same.

I am running Windows 95 and Internet Explorer 5.0, with an HP Deskjet 722C printer.

When I was running Windows 95, I frequently had problems when I queued more than 3 or 4 jobs to the print spooler at a time. If you are doing that, you might wish to do the spooling in your head and enqueue only one or two jobs at a time to the Windows print spooler.

Likewise, when printing from Netscape 3.* or 4.0? to the H.P. 660Cse printer, I could not do long things, though I could do long things (my >50-page income tax return from TurboTax) from some other programs. I doubt it was a Netscape problem, though. You might try printing to a file and then printing the file. I never could print to a file. Whenever I tried that, it printed to the printer anyway (it never would ask to what file I wished to print).

I finally solved that by upgrading to Red Hat Linux 5.0, and all those problems went away. You might consider setting up a dual-boot system with your present Windows and Red Hat Linux 6.0 and see how you like it. If you have a friend running it, it is legal to install his or hers on your machine too.

Author: phooley Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1181 of 189517
Subject: Re: Print limited to 10 pages at time Date: 8/22/1999 2:30 AM
Rjdearborn,

I have had different sorts of problems with Netscape Navigator and my HP printer (682C) -- the Netscape newsgroups' advice was to be sure I had the latest driver for the HP printer. (I was encountering lockups -- the updated driver has helped.)

For your HP model 722C, you can download the latest driver (currently, Version 10.1, dated Dec. 22, 1997) from:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/cons_swindexes/dj722c_swen.html

Hope this helps!
Ron

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement