Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Milligram46 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11711  
Subject: Priorities Date: 8/27/2012 4:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
So for the last three or so years the G8/Commodore has been living in a Public Storage area as I've had no garage at the old house. Got the keys to the new house on Friday, and I move in officially at the end of the week. The first area already put together?

The garage of course! My car cleaning and care supplies all neatly on their shelves, various car parts I removed while converting from the G8 to the Commodore on other shelves.

I don't even have a mattress in the house, but the car has its bed laid out.

Hey, priorities man. Now to find a good battery tender.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Fireballs Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11379 of 11711
Subject: Re: Priorities Date: 8/28/2012 6:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Hey, priorities man.

Yep, I've been there too. During my last racing adventure in the mid '90s, I bought a house just for the garage and a place to store the trailer. My race car cost more than my house did. I had a 13" TV and a 3 foot tall refrigerator, but I spent $1,000 per weekend racing. My tow vehicle was an '86 Corvette. I ran 9 events in the first 10 weeks I owned the race car. It's all about priorities.

Neil

Author: 10talents Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11380 of 11711
Subject: Re: Priorities Date: 8/29/2012 9:29 PM
Recommendations: 0
When we bought our house, I wouldn't even look at houses that didn't have a two car garage. Maybe in a few years I can build a bigger shop (with insulation and heat!!!)

Author: martybl Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11381 of 11711
Subject: Re: Priorities Date: 8/29/2012 11:00 PM
My tow vehicle was an '86 Corvette.

Definite bonus points for style! Don't know that I've ever SEEN a Corvette being used as a tow vehicle, but it'd sure intimidate me if I were the competition.

martybl

Author: xtn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11382 of 11711
Subject: Re: Priorities Date: 8/31/2012 9:57 AM
LOL

What's intimidating is being at an endurance race for $500 beater crap-can cars, towed there behind a $500 beater crap-can pick-up on a U-Haul dolly, and taking only an easy-up tent thingy for weather protection, and parking between two $700,000 professional racing trailers.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement