Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cornfolio Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22660  
Subject: problem post Date: 10/14/2002 6:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have reported the following problem post several times and it has not been removed.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17987699

What to do, other than stay away from that board, or leave TMF?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dovbaer6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1018 of 22660
Subject: Re: problem post Date: 10/14/2002 9:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I read the post. It didn't bother me that much. But, it is a bit provocative.

dov

Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1019 of 22660
Subject: Re: problem post Date: 10/15/2002 12:45 PM
Recommendations: 1
I have him p-boxed so I can't (and won't) read it! He's one of the individuals whom I refuse to read...

IF you feel he is inflammatory and his posts are totally inappropriate, antisemitic, derogatory etc.... you should write to the Gardners directly and let them know...

After reading some of his posts when I first joined that board, I found those which weren't blatantly antisemitic did show that he (may?) have some intelligence, therefore, I didn't feel it necessary to report him. However, since I was getting upset when I read many of them, I p-boxed him and now I don't concern myself with his views...

Just my way,
tuni

Author: cornfolio Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1020 of 22660
Subject: Re: problem post Date: 10/15/2002 5:20 PM
Thanks, Tuni, Dov.

I like your ideas Tuni, will follow up on both.

Take care,

Author: dovbaer6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1021 of 22660
Subject: Re: problem post Date: 10/15/2002 5:38 PM
Recommendations: 6
Hi Tuni and Cornfolio,

Ironicfelix is actually one of my favorite Fools, which I guess puts me sort of opposite of you Tuni, since you have p-boxed him. Hey, we can have a friendly disagreement on this, right:)?

He is an interesting character. He is not Jewish, but he has lived in Israel for a while and has some kind of business there. He is well connected, having been at various events where senior Israeli politicians like Sharon and Peres have also attended. He is well read and articulate. He has Jewish, Christian and Muslim colleagues.

But, he hammers Israeli policy almost every day. Unlike some of the other Israel bashers, I don not believe that IF is antisemitic. I find his posts well thought out and he provides links to various sources, inclduing Israeli papers to make his points.

I have tangled with IF many times in the past year over Israeli policy. His position I believe is pretty close to that of the 'Peace Now' group of Israelis.

The difficulty I have in dealing with IF is that he is able to point out the contradictions in current Israeli policy, he is good at making analogies between radical Islamists and the most violent settlers (like Baruch Goldstein and Yigal Amir).

As a Jew, I do not want to close my eyes to possible crimes that my people may be doing. I think the Sharon government is not interested in peace and wants to turn the occupied territories into a Palestinian Bantustan. This is a recipe for long term disaster, imo, and is also unjust. IF may be relentless in his pounding, but he has a point. Do we only want to here opinions of those who agree with us? And if he is pointing out injustices on the Israeli side, do we want to just sweep them under the rug?

If you are looking for antisemties, well I could name a few on PA, but then this post might get pulled (what the hell, I'll name names anyway. Homelandsecurity, jewguy, jerrycologna, and the infamous mykismet are blatent antisemites, imo. I'm saving my cyber battles for them. With IF, I'll just argue).

Shalom

Dov

Author: OnceAmused One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1022 of 22660
Subject: Re: problem post Date: 10/15/2002 9:23 PM
I read the post. It didn't bother me that much. But, it is a bit provocative.

And yet, no one's called him/her on it.

Attention-seekers hate to be ignored.

Jen/Amused

Author: corse Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1023 of 22660
Subject: Re: problem post Date: 10/16/2002 9:15 AM
well you'll just have to accept the fact that some Posts have to be posted even when they are out of place

Corse

Author: meirasmith Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1024 of 22660
Subject: Re: problem post Date: 10/23/2002 10:12 AM
Argh! A little late in responding to this thread, but alas...

IF is driving me nuts, and unfortunately once I started replying to him to try and make counterpoints...it is hard to stop!

He doesn't seem to be an antisemite, but he does seem to want to sleep with the enemy so to speak. He also seems to think the Islamic Jihad and others are justified in their attacks against the big bad Israelis.

Hey, I think Sharon is a big giant butthead, but he is not a terrorist. I could use some help over there on PA as I feel like I am one of the very few Israel supporter over there!

Meira

Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1026 of 22660
Subject: Re: problem post Date: 10/23/2002 11:29 AM
meira,

You already know what I do with these guys.....there's been some really disgusting posts by them in the last couple of weeks.

Its easier to preserve my sanity and my "wah" to simply ignore them. You are not going to change their minds.....the world is full of people like that.

Working real hard at serenity (but sometimes I come out of lurking too),
tuni

Author: TMFDj111 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1053 of 22660
Subject: Re: problem post Date: 11/24/2002 1:17 AM
Recommendations: 1
I have reported the following problem post several times and it has not been removed.

I looked at the post you mentioned. From my perspective, the author is practicing bigotry and fostering hate, and I was offended.

I don't get to make the decisions about what posts come off the boards, but I did complain about that post. Hopefully we'll see it disappear on Mon or Tues.

David Jacobs
TMFDj111

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement