UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: billjohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10390  
Subject: Problems with HD Date: 6/9/2000 9:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I own shares in Home Depot. I've entered the stock symbol (HD) in Quicken, but the price updates don't seem to recognize it. This is the only security with which I've ever had this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JeanDavid Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 281 of 10390
Subject: Re: Problems with HD Date: 6/9/2000 9:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I own shares in Home Depot. I've entered the stock symbol (HD) in Quicken, but the price updates don't seem to recognize it. This is the only security with which I've ever had this problem. Any ideas?

Two ideas:

1.) If the price of HD shares is over about $40,000/share, a bug in Quicken since about the 1998 version, but maybe Quicken 6 has it also) prevents it from working. Intuit know about this bug but refuse to fix it. AFAIK, this applies only to Class A shares of Berkshire Hathaway.

2.) Did you remember to turn it on in the Download Quotes area? I cannot check the exact way to do it at the moment because I would have to reboot my other computer to check it. But I think it is under "Features." "Help" might help.

Author: johnnstace Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 283 of 10390
Subject: Re: Problems with HD Date: 6/9/2000 11:23 AM
Bill,
I own HD as well and I haven't had any issues with quotes. I am running Q99 deluxe.

HD at 40,000 a share, boy I wish.

john

Author: JeanDavid Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 284 of 10390
Subject: Re: Problems with HD Date: 6/9/2000 12:32 PM
HD at 40,000 a share, boy I wish.

Time to start a rumor about an aggressive share buyback program? ;-)

Author: billjohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 315 of 10390
Subject: Re: Problems with HD Date: 7/16/2000 7:52 AM
JeanDavid, I'm sorry it took this long to get to your post -- it wasn't turned on the "Download Quotes" area. BTW, it is in the Features/Investments area.

Many thanks, Bill

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement