UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 741388  
Subject: Productive Day! Date: 1/25/2013 3:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Besides updating all my databases (which took me mere minutes) I also completed three Cub Scout Leader training modules (one was almost done, the others just took a few minutes each). So I'm, like, trained. In other words I know just enough to be dangerous with all the power I'll officially wield as of next pack meeting. That reminds me... I have to get my shirt/badges before then!

Frankly I have no business being the Committee Chair this early in my affiliation with the program, but the guy who will be showing me the ropes has almost 30 years experience so it's not like I have to re-invent the wheel. I do want to get more people involved (last pack meeting again there were only three of us there; the Cubmaster, me and the Asst. Treasurer who will be the actual Treasurer soon enough... I've never seen the actual Treasurer!) We need at the very least an Outings Chair to help organize the outings so the rest of us can focus on the other programs/fundraising. It would be nice to have a secretary and a person in charge of fundraising and a person in charge of PR and a person in charge of recruiting and a person in charge of advancement but at the moment we're all wearing multiple hats (as are the Den Leaders). I guess they're lucky I stepped up... nobody else has yet! But they will, I have faith in their not wanting to let their kids down and finding time for SOME task no matter how small.

I have to find out when the District Round Tables are. Getting ideas about resources and such from other packs would be great, we're all in this together after all and I don't want our poor Cubmaster to do ALL my training AND all his other responsibilities.

But, in the meantime my son and I have a Pinewood Derby car to finish. It's turning out well. I was hoping to have it completed by now to weigh it but we need to put some decals on first then the clear coats then the axles/wheels then any extra weight (can't weigh more than 5 oz, but you want to be as close to that as possible without going over). We have until February 9th though so it isn't like we're up against the wall.

I did more of the painting than I should have at this point... being a bit TOO helpful perhaps but there's plenty more to do and my son has been involved in each step to some degree. And paint didn't get everywhere which is a bonus!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement