UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: crabtree49 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 158833  
Subject: Profiles Date: 1/24/2000 3:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 29
A Pubic Service Announcement.....

Sharing something about yourself is a a good way to start relationships in any group...Filling out your profile accomplishes this.

In any free and open forum we pay the price of that freedom by allowing off topic posts from weirdos, nuts, and the mentally deprived. I prefer the inconvenience of skipping over these posts to any kind of censorship, but to those new readers and posters who are confused by these posts, I recommend reading the profiles of all posters. If the post smells like a rat, the profile is empty, and there are few previous posts...odds are its a rat..

Generally, the serious ones take the time to fill out their profiles. Those who slink in the shadows and snipe for the amusement of creating chaos or other personal agendas do not have the courage to stand in the light.

Everyone here has there own way of dealing with these posters....Some feel the need to reply to these posts and to expose them for the junk that they are. And there is some validity to that position if you believe that you are protecting the integrity of the board or of those who are an integral part of the valuable give and take which occurs in this forum. The downside to this strategy is that it generally adds fuel to the fire and encourages the idiot(s) to continue. I prefer just ignoring them. My time and energy are better spent on productive issues.

The flea on my A$$ does not require major surgery...

Love to All,

TT

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement