UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Hardboiled Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37174  
Subject: Progress Date: 12/31/2012 1:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
For years, I've collected recipes. I clipped them from newspapers. Now I print them from the Internet. So, I had a box of recipes with my cookbooks, and when I wanted one, I sifted through them. Often, I'd end up re-printing, because it was easier.

With some forced down time in December, I decided to put them in a binder, loosely organized by categories. It took less than an hour. And I wonder why I waited!

Gail
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36071 of 37174
Subject: Re: Progress Date: 12/31/2012 2:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I did this a few years ago, but have 2 years worth of new clippings to add. It took me about 3 days to do it the first time(organized by categories), but was worth it.

It's one of my projects for the new year.

Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36072 of 37174
Subject: Re: Progress Date: 12/31/2012 2:46 PM
Recommendations: 0
I did this a few years ago, but have 2 years worth of new clippings to add. It took me about 3 days to do it the first time(organized by categories), but was worth it.

It's one of my projects for the new year.

I did this years ago and the binder grew and grew and grew and I rarely, if ever, looked at it.

So now I'm culling and putting all my recipes in digital format (either print-to-file, scan, or type into Word) and saving in folders on my computer and eventually a thumb drive.

MOI

Author: yeilBagheera Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 36074 of 37174
Subject: Re: Progress Date: 12/31/2012 6:41 PM
Recommendations: 1
and I am working on using the recipes I've collected.

My house guest arrived from the country with lots of root vegetables, so I'm sifting through the gratin recipes.

Last weekend, I tried a barley, mushroom, leek and butternut squash bake that was good (and even better reheated as a side dish last night).

Hoping to have some delicious, reliable recipes out of my experimentation.

YeilB

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement