UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 20845  
Subject: Proper Dressing for an Occasion Date: 12/31/2012 9:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Since this was brought up, I thought of an experience I had in Houston, TX. A few years ago, when I was an auditor for a multi-national corporation, whose international office is in Houston, I was to attend an Auditors' College, in other words, learning how to be a crook. Two others accompanied me at the time. One girl was a data-entry clerk and the other was a Taiwanese girl, in management training. I dressed in a Tahari suit, the other two dressed in casual jeans and shirts. When we arrived at the Wyndham, the other two checked in before me. Our company paid all expenses. They were given a cubbyhole of a room, with a slanted ceiling and crowded. I was given a large suite. They could not understand why I was given such a large, spacious, well appointed room. I sat down and explained to them that one must dress for the occasion. When one is on a professional trip, one must dress accordingly. They never learned. The data-entry clerk never made auditor, and the manager-in-training never made management.

When on a cruise, I always take two formal dresses. And, when seated for dinner, I am always appropriately dressed. Like Jeff, I enjoy those formal occasions and feel very comfortable in formal as well as business-casual clothing. That's why, when I left that company, have retained all of my formal wear and well as my suits.

Donna (who never wears T-shirts or shorts when traveling, unless I am at the pool)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement